cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues upgrading from CSP Collector 2.5 to 2.7

Phillip Wilson
Level 1
Level 1

Following the current guide for upgrading our collector.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/CSPC-Upgrade-Guide.pdf

I have reached step 2.2.1 and when I double click on server connection setup it sits at a loading screen. (attached pic)  I have tried firefox/chorme/IE all.  Have also rebooted the server as well.  

7 Replies 7

Supriya Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Phillip,

Do you have CLI admin, root access to collector? Could you please try upgrading from there? Please do let me know if you need document on the same.

Thanks,

Supriya

I am looking at the current document for CLI upgrade. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/Configure-CSPC-Appliance-via-CLI.pdf

When I tried to log in to the CLI with the admin account it had me reset the password which I did.  And now when i try to log in i am recieving the following message.

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)
        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
        at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589)
        at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:538)
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:434)
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:244)
        at com.cisco.ca.ss.lcm.adminshell.client.ShellClient.main(ShellClient.java:51)
Error occured: could not connect to the database server.
Please make sure mysql database server is up and running.
Connection to sntc closed.

Hi Phillip,

Admin shell is one the last service to start. This generally happens when attempting to login to as the CSPC is still spinning up. Best practice is to allow a few moments post restart/reboot before logging into the admin shell.

If you have root access, can you please extract and share the following files (since you have started via GUI, I have idea where it is stuck):

/opt/LCM/logs/install
/opt/LCM/logs/apply

Output will help to investigate further.

Thanks,

Supriya

Hello Supriya,

Can you please advise, as i do not have the root or collectorlogin access, and i had the same issue, tried to login into CSPC collector ver 2.5. It asked for password reset. Did that, after that i was not able to login into the cspc, as the connection terminated immediately with the below error input.

Please advise what should i do?

======== error which occurred after login with the new pass=========
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.cisco.ca.ss.adminshell.client.ShellClient.main(ShellClient.java:63)

========

Hello Gagan,

We ask that a new discussion is started to ensure visibility for our experts and for tracking purposes.  You will receive a timely response.

Cheers,
Cheri

I am having the same problem. Please provide instructions for the CLI upgrade. The link below is the configuration guide for a new appliance.

Thanks, George

Hi George,

I would request you to start separate post with your current collector version to avoid confusion. You will be answered in timely manners by experts.

Thanks,
Supriya

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: