Helpful
Replies

Licensing and Smartnet on WS-SVC-WISM2-K-K9

Samim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all
I have a question regarding licensing/Smartnet for WS-SVC-WISM2-K-K9 card

I was told , in order to register additional licenses for WS-SVC-WISM2-K-K9 , you need to use the SN# of the chassis where card will be installed. Is that correct ?

How can i move my WS-SVC-WISM2-K-K9 around without force to move my chassis , if it is tied with the chassis ?

I have also noticed some SmartNet pricing for just WS-SVC-WISM2-K-K9 , or combo of chassis , supervisor and WS-SVC-WISM2-K-K9

Your help will be highly appreciated 

Thanks in advance 

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have to RMA your WiSM-2 card, you need to furnish the serial number of the 6500/6800 chassis. 

You can move the WiSM-2 into different chassis as long as the chassis is covered under SmartNet.

Thank you for your answer  Leo, 

Then best option is to SmartNet both chassis and linecard ( for free  IOS updates ) in case of failure of either, instead of just purchasing for WISM-2

Then best option is to SmartNet both chassis and linecard (for free  IOS updates) in case of failure of either, instead of just purchasing for WISM-2.

Yes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: