cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Locked out of web GUI - CSPC GUI Password Reset Notification ?

bryan.perina
Level 1
Level 1

I started receiving these the other week - I ignored them after initially glancing a the user settings.  All my users except the "admin" user are remotely authenticating via TACACS.

Now - not only can I not login with the admin account, or my TACACS admin account, issuing a password reset for the admin account brings up questions I was never asked/did not enter (I took screenshots when creating the account).  And when I reset the account for my TACACS user, which makes no sense, I am issued a new OTP password that also does not work.

I just redeployed a new ova in April and would like to avoid doing this again.  I still have access via the 3 other logins - adminshell, collectorlogin, and root.

Emails/notifications below.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

"CSPC GUI Password Reset Notification

YOUR(wxyz user) CSPC GUI PASSWORD WILL EXPIRE SOON
PLEASE TAKE ACTION TODAY

Take a moment to reset your password today (end of the day recommended) at https://w.x.y.z:8001
Note : For NATed environment please use NAT IP

Your CSPC GUI password will expire on 2019-06-17 12:40:34"

"

CSPC GUI Account Password Reset Code

Please use this code to reset your CSPC Password.
Here is your OTP: wwxxyyzz

Note: This OTP is valid for 15 mins only.

Thanks
The CSPC Team"

2 Replies 2

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey bryan.perina,

Hmm, that is strange.  Upon initial deployment, the GUI will require you to make an admin password as well as choose and answer three security questions before any job operations can be done.

Unfortunately, the only ways to recover a GUI password now are the security questions or the OTP TACACS setup.  Could you try issuing another OTP and try once more?  Please try clearing caches as well as using different browsers.

Thanks,
Justin

Security questions being prompted for "admin" user are still not the ones I setup.

OTP password reset says successful but any attempted login with the newly set password still results in "Invalid Credentials". Tried about 5x with different browsers.