Helpful
Replies

Missing Data with Latest Uploads

twylyghtcisco
Level 1
Level 1

I've confirmed that the upload pushed the requisite collection:

Processing Status SUCCESS
Customer Name Default ( STATE EMPLOYEES' CREDIT UNION )
Inventory Name CiscoHardware
Collection ID 488222836
Processing End Time/Date 2018-11-16 13:08:01
Upload Date Time 2018-11-16 12:13:04
Number of IP Addresses in the Managed Device List 1914

However, when I review alerts, we are only showing the data for Nexus 7K devices.

25 Replies 25

brawall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you push a new upload to see if the problem persists?

With the latest upload, we lost the alerts for the N7Ks for the upload with the same capture. SNTC is indicating that CSPC was attempting to perform a capture with the masked IP values rather than the actual IPs. When I review the capture from last week, it shows that the actual IPs were profiled and captured for upload rather than the masked IPs. I see no place where the upload would be performing a capture with the masked IPs prior to an attempted upload in CSPC

Has anything changed on the collector recently (upgrade, collection profile settings changed, etc.)?

Can you please take a screenshot of the collection profile settings you are using as well as the upload profile settings.

Thanks,

Brandon

We recently upgraded to 2.8.  Below are the settings:

CSPC - Collector1.PNGCSPC - Collector2.PNGCSPC - Collector3.PNG

And here is for the upload profile settings:

CSPC - Upload1.PNGCSPC - Upload2.PNG

In your upload profile, can you check "Upload All Device Data" and then run the upload profile again. We can wait for that to process and check the results.

The upload has processed successfully, but I've yet to see it appear on the SNTC portal.  If I run out of time today, I will check back in tomorrow first thing.  My thanks for the help in this matter.

Upload was processed yesterday evening, but the only alerts now showing are the PSIRTs.  Below is a snap of what is showing in SmartNet for the latest upload:

CSPC - Upload3.PNGCSPC - Upload4.PNG

And this is what is showing in inventory:

CSPC - Inventory.PNG

And this is the only device presenting an alert:

CSPC - DeviceAlert.PNG

We are investigating why only 1 device is showing alerts and will update you when we know more.

From looking at your screenshots of the collection and upload profile it looks like you are sending 2 uploads back to back, I would recommend disabling "Export upon successful execution" in the collection profile so only the upload profile sends an inventory.

Thanks,

Brandon

I can do that for the future.  But in the cases for troubleshooting these past few days, I've only run the Upload job:

CSPC - Upload Timeline.PNG

For the purposes of saving time, can we assume that this is not our issue?

Full re-discovery has been performed.  Another re-upload of masked data performed separately.  No change in symptoms at this time.

SmartNet Portal is showing a listing of 2118 chassis

Capture1.PNG

The latest upload shows a total of 1909 for "Number of IP Addresses in the Managed Device List". 

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Within this collection report on SmartNet, 72 devices were unreachable, so they had no data collected on them.

Capture4.PNG

Further research shows that Inventory is showing equipment that should have alerts on them.  In the below example, we have a 3560X switch that should have the following EoL alert associated with it:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-3560-x-series-switches/eos-eol-notice-c51-736139.html

Capture5.PNGCapture6.PNG

It looks like there is an issue with online reports. For now you can get an alert report via Offline Reports at Schedule Report -> Product Alert Report and then download the excel. I can share the bug details when it is created.

Thank you,

Brandon

I generated the report, but it appears to be running off of a previous upload. The data does not match up to what I have listed under our managed devices in CSPC

I recently had two other issues that were resolved by manually upgrading the platform to 2.8.0.1, but this did not appear to fix our issue.