cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing serial numbers in downloaded inventory file SNCT 2.7

Ernesto Garcia
Level 1
Level 1

When downloading the inventory file there are chassis, modules, fans, power sources that don´t

come your serial number, on some devices it shows some serial numbers of its components but others do not, which could be the cause

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Ernesto,

The SNs are now appearing correctly on the portal?  Did the change of settings fix the issue?

Thanks,
Justin

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Ernesto,

Can you PM me the company and inventory names for the instance in question?  Also can you provide some of the devices that this issue appears with?

Thanks,
Justin

Ernesto Garcia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I send information.

Regards.

Text has been deleted to preserve network privacy.  Please provide sensitive information via private message, and only at the request of our experts. Thank you!

Hey Ernesto,

I have copied the data to do my troubleshooting.  I recommend you to delete the proprietary information so it isn't in the community so customers can view the data.  If other specific info is needed PM me by right clicking my name and selecting the message option.

I have looked into the transport file used for the upload and see that the serial numbers are in fact missing.  Can you follow the below steps and send me screenshots.

'Settings' -> 'Manage Data Collection Profiles' -> Select the one used and take a screenshot of the Profile Details page (May take two screenshots)

'Settings' -> 'Manage Upload Profiles' (If upload profiile used)-> Selecdt the one used and take a screenshot of the page(may take two screenshots)

Thanks,
Justin

Hey Ernesto,

Are you using SNMPv3 for these devices?  It seems the CSPC is able to discover these appliances but the collection is failing.  We have noticed error logs in the transport file indicating the SNMPv3 operation times out.

If so, please follow the below steps to increase the timeout value for the SNMPv3 settings on the CSPC GUI.

'Settings' -> 'Inventory Settings' -> 'Global Timeouts' tab -> Increase the timeout values for the SNMP version used -> Run the colletion process again and upload

Thanks,
Justin

Hi Ernesto,

Please let us know if increasing the timeout has worked, as suggested by Justin:

@jumin wrote:

Are you using SNMPv3 for these devices?  It seems the CSPC is able to discover these appliances but the collection is failing.  We have noticed error logs in the transport file indicating the SNMPv3 operation times out.

If so, please follow the below steps to increase the timeout value for the SNMPv3 settings on the CSPC GUI.

'Settings' -> 'Inventory Settings' -> 'Global Timeouts' tab -> Increase the timeout values for the SNMP version used -> Run the colletion process again and upload

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks!
Cheri

Hi, I'm sorry for the delay, I increased the timeout values of SNMP v3 and the computers I discover without any problem, but the serial numbers do not appear in the portal

Hey Ernesto,

No worries!  Did you run a collection and upload process as well after changing the SNMPv3 credentials?  Please do so if not and also follow the steps below to provide some screenshots so I can troubleshoot further.

'Settings' -> 'Manage Data Collection Profiles' -> Select the one used and take a screenshot of the Profile Details page (May take two screenshots)

'Settings' -> 'Manage Upload Profiles' (If upload profiile used)-> Selecdt the one used and take a screenshot of the page(may take two screenshots)

Thanks,
Justin

Hi Justin.

after validating the SNMP v3 in the devices I perform a new discovery and a new collection of data, and within the portal still do not appear some numbers of series of some devices. I attach the images that you indicated to me

Captura 2.JPGCaptura 3.JPGCaptura 4.JPGcaptura1.JPG

Hey Ernesto,

Thanks for the screenshots!  So we have confirmed that the collection process has been run as well.  Were these devices newly deployed or replaced old devices?  As I am seeing that some of the IPs you provided do have a SN in the transport file now but they are also associated to other devices on the portal.

Thanks,
Justin

Hello Justin
  I was reviewing in other post of the support community and I found the solution I put the image with the post that corrects this issue.

Captura 5.JPG

Hey Ernesto,

The SNs are now appearing correctly on the portal?  Did the change of settings fix the issue?

Thanks,
Justin

Sorry for the delay, if the serial numbers already appear inside the portal. Thanks for the support

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: