cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple upload profile/inventory for subsidiary companies?

networkops1
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to have separate multiple inventory in SNTC web portal ? So that each inventory accessed by specific group of people. 

Also how creating 2 different upload profile help in this case. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

asingadi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi User,

Thanks for reaching out to cisco.

Yes , Customer Admin have the privilege  of creating multiple inventories in SNTC portal.

Customer Admin can assign specific inventories to Customer User .

We have another feature known as Segment Management, which might help you in this situation.

The Segment Management dashlet displays the segments within an inventory and related information. Segments are used to divide data presented in the Portal based on hostname, IP address, or SysName. This segmentation is performed by the administrators who later grant users access to individual segments. Users may or may not have access to all segments depending on what the Administrator defines but all the Customer  Administrator have the access to all the Segments and Inventories.

Please refer to below SNTC User Guide for more information :

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/inventory_and_reporting/User_Guides/SNTC_Portal_User_Guide.pdf

If more details are required, please let me know .

Thanks,

Anusha.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

asingadi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi User,

Thanks for reaching out to cisco.

Yes , Customer Admin have the privilege  of creating multiple inventories in SNTC portal.

Customer Admin can assign specific inventories to Customer User .

We have another feature known as Segment Management, which might help you in this situation.

The Segment Management dashlet displays the segments within an inventory and related information. Segments are used to divide data presented in the Portal based on hostname, IP address, or SysName. This segmentation is performed by the administrators who later grant users access to individual segments. Users may or may not have access to all segments depending on what the Administrator defines but all the Customer  Administrator have the access to all the Segments and Inventories.

Please refer to below SNTC User Guide for more information :

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/inventory_and_reporting/User_Guides/SNTC_Portal_User_Guide.pdf

If more details are required, please let me know .

Thanks,

Anusha.

Hey Anusha,

Thanks for reply. I read document which you provided. It is very vague and hard to understand what excellently need to be done. Is there a step by step guide to follow.

Also how to setup different inventory on Collector. and how to setup discovery for that inventory. I know how I setup 2nd upload profile is it needed for this task ?

Thanks 

Hi User,

Sorry for delay in response.

Below url provides details about segmentation.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/13048196/smart-net-total-care-portal-managing-access-inventory-data-using-segments

We don't suggest to have multiple inventories under one collector . You can have different collectors for different inventories .

Else please create a new inventory and upload the data manually using CSV file import .

File Import:

Note: Only administrators and authorized users can perform a file import.

To Prepare a CSV File for Upload Using a Template:

1. Select the File Import as import type.
2. Download the sample CSV file by clicking the link.
3. Type the information for the parameters. Remember to delete row 2 and column I.
4. Save the file as a .csv file.
Note: You can only have only one inventory selected while accessing the file import capability.

To Upload the CSV file :

1. Select the appropriate import type i.e. CSV file import .
2. Select an existing inventory or click Create a New Inventory.
3. If you chose to create a new inventory, type a name in the field provided
4. Choose the type of file you are uploading, CSV file using the template.
5. Click Choose File to locate the file on your local desktop.
6. Click Import to upload.

If any more information is need please let me know.

Thanks,

Anusha.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: