Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to purchase the righ SmartNet care

Hello,

I'm new to Cisco product and I want to purchase a service to get access to support / IOS update / Firmware update. I understood that I need a SmartNet subscription to get that.

I've bought a Cisco 1921 ISR G2 w/ IPbase. Recently I've bought a EHWIC-VA-DSL-A card and to have full capacity I need to upgrade the firmware. I see multiple choices for SmartNet service with reseller but i'm getting lost with that.

I have seen smarnet for C1921/K9, for C1921-VA/K9 but not for EHWIC-VA-DSL-A. If I buy a SmartNet service for C1921-VA/K9, will I get access to firmware for the EHWIC ? As I bought the EHWIC separate, I don't know if i can buy service only for the EHWIC to get the firmware or if I need the service for C1921-VA/K9 bundle ?

The best way for me will be to have support for both EHWIC and Router to have FW/IOS updates principally. As I'm independant, I'm looking for small budget solution.

Any help will be appreciated

Regards

Jim

2 Replies 2

saarbaug
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jim,

I moved the question to the Smart Net Total Care community so experts will be notified. 

Best,

Sandra

Regards, Sandra Kindly remember to mark questions as answered and please rate posts and answers if you find them helpful.

Sandra Vinson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is recommended that you consult with either your Cisco Account Team or Partner for solution offers for your needs. 

In addition, below is a URL on how to buy with Cisco:

http://www.cisco.com/web/ordering/root/index.html

SmartNet Total Care is a service offering that provides 24x7 visibility into your network with extensive inventory and contract management analysis as well as product alerts for your Cisco products through an inventory & reporting portal.  How and what type of coverage on your devices is a conversation for your account team.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: