cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Smart Net Total Care Community!

Our community includes Cisco experts to answer your questions about the Smart Net Total Care (SNTC) portal and CSP-Collector.
Click the navigation links below to access materials for using our service and supported collectors.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

New Collector need help editing ip address range

I had an old version of the collector up and running about a year ago and it crashed, so I started over yesterday with 2.8, I entered the ip address ranges and the job is taking way to long to run so I would like to narrow it down a little. How can i edit that list? Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Everyone's tags (5)
3 REPLIES 3
Cisco Employee

Re: New Collector need help editing ip address range

Hi,

For range based discoveries, it's recommenced to use Class C ranges. This will help with the overall discovery times. If you have known ip list available then I would try with those, that will be faster. There will be an option to have discovery with 'Discover device with known ip'.

Thanks,
Supriya

Beginner

Thank you for the reply. Will that creat a job that can be scheduled or will that only create a one time job?
VIP Advisor

Make sure you set not to scan network and broadcast IP, you have some issue if network have some legacy stuff like UPS / Legacy Servers.

BB
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***
CreatePlease to create content
Right-rail
Navigation
Be sure to bookmark these support pages and use them in the future to find all the self-help information.
Helpful Links