Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New CSPC Deployment 2.7

Dear team,

we are installing a Newer CSPC Collector(2.7.4) to upload the Inventory to SNTC. Could you help to clarify the below Queries

1) We have Several 6500 ,  When we add this Device via SNMP,  will it also add all The Line cards installed with it, or Do we have to add All line cards individually,?? if Individual, could you advise how to do that?

2)Same for Nexus, We have nexus 7K attached to Nexus 2k Fex, How do we add the Nexus 2k to Collector

3) We added the Cisco WLC, to the Collector, but unable to find the 200 Access points associated with it, I read, it will not be visible in Collector, but we can see it in SNTC Dashboard, is it a Right statement?

4) If we add the Cisco Call Manager with SNMP to Collector, will it Upload all the IP Phones, VG(204,304) details automatically to SNTC Dashbaord? or we need to all IP Phones Manually?

5) I Have around 100 Devices in managed Devices Tab, How do i Upload this to SNTC, ??

10 Replies 10

Supriya Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi User,

1) No, you do not need to add line card individually

2) Same as above

3) Correct

4) The CSPC will currently only display information about the parent discovered device (like a WLC, or  CCM, parent switches).  Child devices like LWAPs, IP Phones, or Stacked Switches are identified and displayed by the SNTC Portal after a collection and upload has occurred on the parent devices.

5) There are currently two ways to issue an upload to the portal

• Upload using your 'collection profile'

- This feature is configured and enabled by default

- This will allow for the upload job to automatically start once your collection profile has completed

•  Upload using a separate 'upload' profile.This job can be scheduled and ran separately from your collection profile job (if you wish to upload at a different day and time than your scheduled collection profile/discovery job). If you wish to use an Upload Profile, please unselect the export options of your collection profile to remove duplicate uploads

Thanks,
Supriya

Thanks for your answer supriya.

i am currently planning to configure all sites(150+) one by one and Get them to Managed Device to verify and then plan to upload it to SNTC. Can I configure a Upload Profile to upload all the Data in managed Devices??  if yes how can we do that? or is there a better approach for my task?

Currently i see only SNTC Collection profile, which i didn't configure though, 

Hi Safwan,

By default, 'collection profile' is there and it is configured in a way that after successful discovery and inventory/collection, it will upload automatically to SNTC portal. If you plan to use default profile, then you do not need to create upload profile separately.

2nd option that I have mentioned in my post previously is where if you wish to upload at a different day and time than your scheduled collection profile/discovery job, upload profile needs to be configured.

Please feel free to ask question if you have any.

Thanks,

Supriya

Supriya Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi user,

sharing below guide for ref.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/products-user-guide-list.html

Please feel free to ask question if you have any.

Thanks,
Supriya

Test

Hi Supriya,

We added all the sites and scheduled a Upload this Weekend(Waiting for firewall Rules to be applied). thanks for ur help.

Could you help to clairfy below query, we have a 5 year old inventory in SNTC tool already(which is done using old collector, (no longer used and decommissioned), how can we remove all the old inventory in SNTC ?

or is there a way we can Totally separate both the Old and new inventory and manage Both?

thanks for ur help in advance

Hi Safwan,

Please refer to video Inventory deletion under administration using below link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/services/sntc-portal/video-resources.html?videoId=5761201593001

Please do let me know if you have any further question.

Thanks,

Supriya

Hi Supriya,

Thanks for your Input. I Deleted the Old Inventory and added the New Inventory using new collector. But the Data Shows in SNTC dashboard is only half of what i see in CSPC collector. Half of the devices are missing in SNTC collector.

i created a Custom manage Profile to upload all the managed Devices in CSPC. But only half of them were added, is it possible to check from CSPC collector, what are all devices uploaded and whats not?

we opened the firewall ports only after adding all the Devices to CSPC. Any easier way to upload all Devices in CSPC to SNTC again? 

Hi  Supriya,

You can ignore the above post, i found the solution, Thanks for ur advise. 

Thanks for your update Safwan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: