cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No console (SSH) access post 2.4 > 2.5 upgrade

graham.kirtley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, following the application of the sp-2.0.4-0-0-lnx64 upgrade via the 'admin' cli interface any attempt to login results in the ssh session abruptly closing.

As per the security requirements only admin & collectorlogin have initial ssh access; the passwords are known and are correct.  If the incorrect pswd is used the console gives the standard 'access is denied' response, when entering the correct pswd the session is immediately killed!

Given that I have another 7 CSPC instances to upgrade I'm rather hesitant to continue whilst this issue is unresolved.

5 Replies 5

niduddin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There, from my understanding you are having problems with remotely logging in to your server?

Have you been using putty to remotely log in? Does it log you completely out of the console or does it take you back to the start of the session asking you for your credentials?

Also, have you tried logging in using VMware vSphere Client?

Hi, Yes access is indeed via putty, and as I said the session full terminates upon entering the correct password.  I don't have direct access to the VM client, this is managed by a separate internal IT team - the pains of working in a large corporation... But I can ask for specific actions to be conducted via/on it.

This appears to be a known issue on 2.5 and for that we do have a spot patch available. Below is a link to another community post that details the steps involved in resolving the issue. if you have Collectorlogin access you should be able to complete the steps using the 'sudo' prefix when necessary. This could be a potential solution for your problem.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12927451/unable-login-cli-cspc

To be absolutely clear; all ssh access via the only two accounts that are allowed (admin & collectorlogin) are, for what ever reason, being immediately killed upon entering their respective passwords.

Following the thread you provided are you suggesting that the only recovery method is to create a new server instance?

In the interim I'll look to restarting vie the VM, to see if that results in access working.

Try logging in using ssh with a different Linux shell.

You could do some verbose commands to see exactly what may be going on, for example

ssh admin@CSPCIP -vv
ssh collectorlogin@CSPCIP -vv

2.6 is also available now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: