Views
Helpful
Replies

Notification from Cisco Smart Services - issues with reports

graham.kirtley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have noticed that since the upgrade to SNTC 4.0, both the receipt and content of and 'Alert Processing' & ‘Upload Processing’ report emails has become quite sporadic.

Issue with the receipt of the Alert Processing reports are quite noticeable, as on some occasions we are only getting notification for 3 out of 16 inventories.

Irregularities within the Upload Processing emails that have been noted are: several inventor uploads are not mentioned (but have been uploaded and are observed to have been processed), or that a specific inventory is stated as being received twice (in such cases the dates/times differ by about 48 hours)

To troubleshoot these issues I have removed and then re-enabled the notifications but no change was observed.

Regards,

Graham

4 Replies 4

Suchita Shewale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Graham,

Can you please confirm the frequency of notifications for both alert and upload processing?

Regards,

Suchita

Hello Suchita,

We conduct an upload for each of our 16 inventories on a weekly schedule, 14 on Friday and 2 on Sunday.

What we observe (this specific example from last weekend) is that is that just 9 email 'Alert Processing' notifications have been received for and two of them relate to the same inventory.

The single 'Upload Processing' email notification only listed 8 inventories, two of which are show twice (same inventory duplicate as noted above); for this 'duplicate' there really was only a single inventory upload.

Regards,

Graham

Hello Graham,

Apologies for the delayed response. We have uncovered some gaps in notification settings logic, here are bug IDs for tracking CSCvh24984 and CSCvg95866

Regards,

Suchita

Hi Suchita,
Thanks for providing the bug updates; whilst I can see the details for CSCvh24984 I can't see any details (marked as propitiatory) for CSCvg95866, can I be added/enabled to view this one?
Rgds,
Graham
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: