cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Once again, CSPC Total Care issues after upgrading to 2.8

Carl_Meyerhofer
Level 1
Level 1

After my last lesson, and great help from Cisco Support, I now only used CLI to perform the upgrade.  That seemed to go well.  

The issues I'm having are in IE supported GUI, I cannot access the upgrade tabs - Unable to get data from server for report: available_updates.  This does appear on the non-supported Chrome.  However, Chrome does not display my Dashboard, but IE does.  I was also receiving prompts that an upgrade was available, even though I just completed it.  During the upgrade process I ran continuous ping to know when my VM was available during the upgrade/reboot process.  It worked a couple time, but now does not respond to ping.  The IP is still the same, and I can access it via GUI or CLI.  

Just some strange things that make me question the stability of the updates and now my collector.

Has anyone successfully upgraded to 2.8?  Seen any issues, and if so, how to correct them?Smart Net Total Care, Portal, and Collector

Thank you!

*UPDATE*: Using IE, as that's the only up to date/current version Cisco supports (?) I cleared my cache/cookies, closed/opened IE and now my update center tabs are available.  I still received a pop-up stating an update (already installed) is available.  I still cannot ping, which is odd.  No changes on my network, just this update.  Rather than deleting my post, I thought I would just update it in hopes of helping others.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Thanks a lot Carl for your support. 

Yes, the version details are updated properly with 2.8 details now. 

View solution in original post

Hi Carl , 

Thank you for your response. We are working on the bug and we will fix this in CSPC 2.8.1. Please find the bug id CSCvm36105 . 

As confirmed from our internal testing and from your updates, this is user message which needs to be handled and we do not have any functional implications because of it. We will add the details in the documents respectively. 

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Bharath S
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Carl , 

Can you please share the output of "sh server " and "sh ver -d" commands from adminshell Or please share the Appliance ID of the collector ?

if you are able to do ssh to the box please collect apply and install logs from /opt/LCM/logs folder.

Also if possible share the screenshot of View Version in CSPC UI ( Help -> About -> View Versions). 

Hi Bharath!  I can send you my server info in a PM.  It seems the only issue now, is when I logon to GUI, on IE, I still get notification of:

Software Update null.

Otherwise, everything shows the update correctly.

Here is  sho ver -d
Build-name : Collection Platform Software 2.8

Package-type : ServicePack
Version : sp-30.1.0-0-0-lnx64
Component : CSPC Base
Version : 2.8
Package-type : JeOS
Version : jeos-30.1.0-0-lnx64
Component : AdminShell
Version : 1.8
Component : LCM
Version : 1.8
Component : CASP
Version : 2.8
Component : ConcsoTgw
Version : 1.7.3
Component : Hardened CentOS
Version : 6.10 patch#0

Hi Bharath!  You have asked for nohup.out and lcmlog.log files.  However,  they appear to have confidential information, such as company, collector ID, my CCO ID, etc.  

I don't want to post them here, but the PM does not have the Choose Files options, as it does here.

Please advise!  Thank you!

Hi Carl,

I'll PM you where you can email the details.

Cheers,
Cheri

Thanks for the mail with logs Cheri. 

Have looked into logs, found and addressed another concern of version update which was not happening because of a column length in a table in LCM Manager (Cisco Backend).

I have requested Carl in a private message to retry server connection disable and enable one more time in  and login to UI and update us with UI logs if the behavior is seen again . 

Hi Bharath!  I have reconnected to the server, and grabbed the updatewebui.log.  I zipped it and sent it to Cheri, again, as the alias email did not like the zipped files in the past.

Initially, I had the notice of the null update.  So, I cleared my IE cache, again, restarted IE, and did not receive a notice.

Can you please verify the version matches on the back end now?

Thanks a lot Carl for your support. 

Yes, the version details are updated properly with 2.8 details now. 

Great! 

Although, the GUI is still giving me null notifications.Otherwise, everything appears to be working after the upgrade.

null notification.JPG

Hi Bharath!  Any comments on the null notification we're still receiving?

I'd like to accept the changes Cisco did on the back end as my solution, but thought I'd check on this glitch first.

Thank you!

Hi Carl , 

Thank you for your response. We are working on the bug and we will fix this in CSPC 2.8.1. Please find the bug id CSCvm36105 . 

As confirmed from our internal testing and from your updates, this is user message which needs to be handled and we do not have any functional implications because of it. We will add the details in the documents respectively. 

Thank you Bharath!  I appreciate your responses and assistance through this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: