cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Password Recovery for the Cisco Collector

kvanhorn
Level 1
Level 1

We have lost the original administrator of the CIsco Collector and need to make changes to the device to perform discovery on a different network. The password is not known. Is there a way to recover the password.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We lost it for the CLI of the CSPC collector. I finally realized this could not be reset and reloaded the software. Thank you for the response.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

antchris
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello kvanhorn,

Can you please specify whether you are referring to the password credential for the WebUI application or the CLI of the CSPC (Collector)? Also, if known, the CSPC version currently in use.

Regards

We lost it for the CLI of the CSPC collector. I finally realized this could not be reset and reloaded the software. Thank you for the response.

aldrin.boo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Got same issue on the CLI login, admin can no longer remember the password but we are okay in the Web GUI login. is there a way to reset the password of the CLI via Web GUI. We are using a 2.5 version and planning to upgrade to the latest. Thanks! 

Hi

It is not possible to reset the CLI passwords from the GUI. I would suggest deploying a new instance of the collector if you have not already done so.

Regards

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: