Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Portal Data Discrepency Issue

I have weekly schedules for my discovery job, inventory job and upload job.  My last successful upload was this past weekend.  The previous successful upload was March 27th.  The data uploaded on March 27th was correct and the portal showed all the expected data (about 22 devices).  This past weekend, the upload has the portal data only showing 1 device.  I checked the collector and I see successful discovery jobs from both weekends.  I checked the managed devices on the collector and the list shows all the correct data.

Thoughts as to why the upload job would only have data for a single device?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SSH into the collector and run the command "sudo service cspc restart". Based on the first screenshot it doesn't look like the scheduling is working properly.

Once the service finishes restarting, run the inventory manually, wait for it to finish and then run the upload manually.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Christopher,

Could you go to Reports > Inventory Reports and paste what it shows? It sounds like maybe the discovery was successful, but the inventory wasn't.

Thanks,

Lynden

Thanks for the response Lynden.  I couldn't find the Inventory Reports you mentioned, but  I have attached the Inventory Jobs and Data Collection Profiles screen shots.

Thanks, sorry, I meant Inventory Jobs. Could you expand out those inventory jobs? Also, go to Reports > Collection Profile Run Summary and click "view data". See how many devices are listed there.

I got the jobs expanded.  The Collection Profile Run Summary has nothing in it.

It looks like your data collection profile isn't on a recurring schedule according to inventory_jobs.png not having a "next run time", but it shows as scheduled in data_collection_profile.png. Could you check the schedule and see what it is set to do?

See attached.  The desire was to have it run every Saturday night around 10pm.

SSH into the collector and run the command "sudo service cspc restart". Based on the first screenshot it doesn't look like the scheduling is working properly.

Once the service finishes restarting, run the inventory manually, wait for it to finish and then run the upload manually.

All your requests have been completed.  I checked the SNTC portal and the upload is processing.  I will check on it in the morning.

Thanks again for your help with this Lynden!

The upload was successful.  All data is now correct.  Will keep and eye out for this next scheduled session.

Lyndon Siu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Christopher,

Within the Smart Net Total Care portal, please look at the Upload Processing Report, sort by the date as to when the processing was completed (Processing End Date).  Then click on the Collection Name field and you can see how many devices were included in that collection.  This will help determine what happened.

Bobby