Views
Helpful
Replies

Portal File import not working

t_ttt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to use the File Import feature in the SNTC Cisco Portal, however it appears to be getting stuck.  No error is appearing, but the progress indicator on the file import page is getting stuck at the start. It normally takes only a few minutes and the progress is usually noticeable.  However in this case it is not progressing at all and so far it has been stuck for at least 20 minutes now.

I had the same issue yesterday as well so I decided to let the scheduled collection job run today and redo the export after that had completed successfully.

Could it be a file size issue? The last successful file import was about 65 Megabytes.  This one is 75 Megabytes.

I am not modifying the file before import and I am using the collector file import type. I have done this regularly for past few weeks so I am familiar with the process and how it normally goes. The are currently no upload processing jobs in progress.

We cannot use the automated upload and must use this manual upload functionality.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Just wanted to say that my local Cisco contact made a suggestion to try an Internet hotspot to do the upload and not the corporate internet I am normally on, and it worked! Obviously some DLP or Firewall issue on my side.

I'll try a few more times for my weekly uploads, but I think it is case closed!

Thank you to all who replied/helped!

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Suchita Shewale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Trevor,

I see that you were able to successfully perform the File Import last on April 8. I don't think the file size would be an issue here. Can you please make sure that you have selected Import Type as Collector File Import?

If you can share screenshot showing the issue that would be helpful.

Regards,

Suchita

Thank you. Yes I see that as the last successful upload also.

Yes I have chosen the Import Type as Collector File Import.

Attached are some screenshots of the file export / import process.

Hello t_ttt,

Have you tried downloading the file in another browser? If not, I would recommend trying to login to the portal using Internet Explorer.

Thank you for the reply.

I just tried internet explorer and I am getting the same issue. Still not working.

Hello t_ttt,

Would you mind private messaging me the Company and Inventory name so that I can try to reproduce the issue on our end?

Thank you in advance!

Hi i replied via private message a few days ago. Just want to bump the thread.

I hadn't heard back on the private message, so bumping the thread.

Hello,

Are you still experiencing the same issue? We are unable to reproduce the issue in our lab. Please update us with current error messaging if possible.

Thank you

Thanks for the reply.

Yes it is still occuring.

I do not receive any error message.  The file import simply never completes. The progress bar does not move beyond the initial position.

Hello t_ttt,

I apologize for the delayed response.  Have you been able to upload an Inventory from the CSPC itself or have you only attempted a manual upload so far?  It doesn't look like there's an actual Inventory listed on the portal right now.

Not sure what you mean.  The initial uploads were directly from the SNTC, but more recently we have only done manual file import. Manual file import is the only option we can use at present.

We have almost 2000 chassis in the services.cisco.com portal if that is what you mean.

Does this help clarify it?

Hello t_ttt,

Thank you for the clarification.  I will bring this to our Portal L3 tomorrow and then post here to update you.

Hello,

Just wanted to say that my local Cisco contact made a suggestion to try an Internet hotspot to do the upload and not the corporate internet I am normally on, and it worked! Obviously some DLP or Firewall issue on my side.

I'll try a few more times for my weekly uploads, but I think it is case closed!

Thank you to all who replied/helped!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: