cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Portal - IP range does not work when adding new segments

Kegonsa
Level 1
Level 1

When I go to add a new segment I have noticed that it does not take a ip range. 

Steps taken: Dashboards > Admin >  Segment management > Actions > Create New Segment

I set it to 'match any of the following conditions' and 'IP address' 'is in the range of' but it fails. This example is 10.251.54.0/24

image.png

If I change it from 'is in the range of' to 'contains' or 'is' it works. 

image.png

I would prefer not to have to enter each device individually so that if new devices are added they automatically join the correct segment. The contain works only if that segment is a /24, the majority are smaller network blocks. 

Is this a known issue that might be fixed?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Suchita Shewale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Tim,

This issue has been determined as a bug in the system, and our Engineering team has been made aware of the same.

Here is the bug id for tracking CSCvr55200

Regards

Suchita

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Valter Da Costa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Far from being an expert, but one of my customers found the same issue. We are working with support to address the issue. I recommend a case to be opened. Hope that helps.

Regards,

-Valter

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I do not have a smartnet contract that covers the collector, and I am not sure how the portal is covered. Hopefully the customers support case you mentioned will result in a update to the portal resolving this.  

Suchita Shewale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tim,  I am reviewing the issue and will get back with the update at the earliest.

Regards,

Suchita

Suchita Shewale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Tim,

This issue has been determined as a bug in the system, and our Engineering team has been made aware of the same.

Here is the bug id for tracking CSCvr55200

Regards

Suchita

Thank you very much for the help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: