cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem to manage devices AIR-CT2504-K9 and MDS 9124

flavio.barbosa1
Level 1
Level 1

I have problem to manage device model AIR-CT2504-K9 and MDS 9124 in the CSP Collector 2.6.

I already enable the snmp server in all devices, but when i run the job device access verification in the collector always return the status as Connection Failed.

To this kind of device there is any special configuration that must be done to work?

Thank you!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Should not be.  Are you sure there is a route from CSPC to the device and the community string is valid in CSPC for that IP?  And there isn't any firewall or ACL in the path dropping/blocking SNMP?

View solution in original post

Dear, Chris.

I found the problem.

The problem was route, i forced the route to network of devices and problem was solved.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Should not be.  Are you sure there is a route from CSPC to the device and the community string is valid in CSPC for that IP?  And there isn't any firewall or ACL in the path dropping/blocking SNMP?

Dear Chris, 

Yes there is a route from CSPC to the device....

the community string as public to test.

WLC - Configuration

SNMP Community Name Client IP Address Client IP Mask Access Mode Status
------------------- ----------------- ----------------- ----------- --------
public 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Read Only Enable

MDS 9124 - String

snmp-server community public group network-operator

There isn't ACL or firewall in the path.

For the Device Access Verification, is the Connection Failed from SNMP or Telnet or SSH?  Can you validate with an snmpwalk from the CLI of the CSPC (or another machine) that it works on device?

Dear, Chris.

I found the problem.

The problem was route, i forced the route to network of devices and problem was solved.

Thank you!

Fantastic!  Glad to hear it is working now.

Hi Flavio,

Are you able to manage a MDS 9124 from your CSPC? If yes, what's exactly the PID of your MDS?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: