Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with discovery CSPC 2.8

willyskate
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

i need help with a CSPC 2.8 is a new Collector, i need scan a segment /24  in this scan dont detect any device, this devices have the ip from colector in the ACL for SNMP, but dont have the ICMP protocol permit by the administrators, when i put the scan by IP know the colector detect the device only by one IP and the status is Unknow, this devices are Nexus 5K, other think is when i  try to upload the information the upload is failed, can you review my CSPC please, maybe i miss some configuration. add some pictures.

thanks for your help.

waiting for comments.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Please ensure the SNMP credential configured in the collector matches the one that you are trying to use in the snmpwalk command. If the credential is configured correctly in the collector then the output of the snmpwalk command proves that you do not have SNMP reachability to this device so you will need to investigate why this may be. (ACLs, Firewall rules, etc.)

Thanks,

Brandon

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First of i can think of SNMP config, check the device have SNMP given access to Cisco smart collector

and you need to have internet connection open to CSPC to send data to cisco.

Try 1 device with snmp - rather scanning all /24 for first instance, is all the SNMP community in the network same  for all devices? 

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji,

Sorry for the late response, the client have  manny SNMP Communitys, but we are try to probe just one SNMP Community, the devices are Nexus, and this devices are in a network /24, only the 2 switches in the picture are view in the manage devices but with status unknow.

we review the SNMP configuration in the switches nexus and is ok, in a momment i will attach a configuration from one of this nexus.

Regards.

Can you double check the SNMP credential configured in the CSPC to make sure it matches the community on the Nexus? The CSPC needs the credential configured correctly so it can communicate with the Nexus. Additionally from the CLI of the CSPC you can test SNMP connectivity with the below command, please provide the output.

snmpwalk -v2c -c <COMMUNITY HERE> <IP ADDRESS HERE> system 

Thank you,

Brandon

Hi,

We try to put the command but not have any output, added the capture, additional put the configuration from one of the nexus, the IP from CSCP is 10.159.125.246.

thanks.

Regards.

You will need to run the snmpwalk command from the collectorlogin user CLI. 

You can enable the collectorlogin and root user and auto-generate passowords with the below command:

pwdreset collectorlogin 90

pwdreset root 90

Please do this and then post output of the snmpwalk command

i would like to see configuration nexus have vrf management, make sure snmp allowed in that interface.

post the snmp configuration.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi,

We have applied the commands suggested, we apply a password to collectorlogin and the output of command are added, please review, what is the next step.

Thanks.

Regards.

Please ensure the SNMP credential configured in the collector matches the one that you are trying to use in the snmpwalk command. If the credential is configured correctly in the collector then the output of the snmpwalk command proves that you do not have SNMP reachability to this device so you will need to investigate why this may be. (ACLs, Firewall rules, etc.)

Thanks,

Brandon

Hi, 

Thanks for the recommendations, we now are in freezer network, but i review thats items when the networks are available for changes, thanks for your help. 

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: