cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with the collector

barasniewski
Level 1
Level 1

How I solve this problem? The message shows that just partially success. What I should do to have complete success?edited.jpg

*Image has been masked to preserve data privacy.  Please provide personally identifiable information via private message, and only at the request of our experts. Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To avoid any confusion I am assuming this is the same collector in which you have the collector at 2.7 and two certificates and which you tried to add a new certificate on collector and which you deleted the certificates on the portal.  I will reiterate that you will need to delete the rogue certificates create a new one on portal and re import a new one.,.   which you cannot do at this version because the button delete is not present on this one.  For the necessary procedures and any future support you will need access to the CLI   (admin, collectorlogin, and root) and if not access to the ESxi host.  It may be simpler for you just just deploy the latest ova into the host however at this date see below.

• Downloading CSPC 2.7.4 and Installing the OVA(VMWare)

On installation of the ova it has the full appliance OS, application, and all necessary third party on the ova

In deploying it will ask the size of the network that will provide the requirements and automatically configure the ova to that requirement. Ensure this time you also configure the CLI accounts per document attached

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Justin Sprake
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,

This status can occur when one or more devices times out during collection or are not reachable during collection, or if the upload portion of this task failed.

To resolve this, it is necessary to ensure that all managed devices are reachable and that your SNMP timeouts are sufficient for the collection task (per device) as well as ensureing that your CSPC can upload to Cisco.

Could you please confirm whether or not this CSPC is actively registered within your SNTC portal? If you are unsure, could you PM me your CSPC ID# (Found under Help > About > View Properties > Registration Certificate Properties > [Expand on CSP#]) as well as the logs referenced in your previous post.

edited.jpg

*Image has been masked to preserve data privacy.  Please provide personally identifiable information via private message, and only at the request of our experts. Thank you!

It appears as though the entitlement certificate for this particular collector has been deleted from the SNTC portal. Please create a new CSPC entitlement from the SNTC portal (Manage Collectors) and apply it to your collector using the 'Replace' button from the CSPC's Server Properties > Manage Registration Certificate.

Once a valid certificate is installed uploads should complete successfully and your collection status should resolve complete and successful.

Hi, Justin! 

I have tried generate another certificate, but the same issue happens.AIDC.pngAIDC.png

*** Images have been masked to preserve data privacy. Please provide personally identifiable information via private message, and only at the request of our experts. Thank you!

I have verified that the CSPC entitlement is valid; could you confirm if you are utilizing a proxy to facilitate the outbound connection between the CSPC and Cisco?

Could you also attempt to run an upload using an Upload Profile:

Settings > Manage Upload Profiles > Add New Upload Profile > All Collection Profiles for Service = Smartnet_Total_Care

Enable: Upload Inventory

Once created, run the upload profile via Management > Run Upload Profile.

I receive this log report.

*** Image has been removed to preserve data privacy.  Please provide personally identifiable information via private message, and only at the request of our experts. Thank you!

From your collector's CLI (root) user, could you please run the below command (if you are not using a proxy):

wget https://72.163.7.113/HeadEndWebAppServlet/ --no-check-certificate

If this fails then there is likely a firewall / outbound access issue affecting your uploads.

Thanks, we solved the internet connectivity, problem but when I try to upload the collect data this happens:

2018-04-11_09h28_45.png

How were you trying to upload that made you receive this error?

What is the status of the inventory job that was last run?

I have tried this procedure below:

2018-04-12_10h52_00.png2018-04-12_10h52_16.png

To avoid any confusion I am assuming this is the same collector in which you have the collector at 2.7 and two certificates and which you tried to add a new certificate on collector and which you deleted the certificates on the portal.  I will reiterate that you will need to delete the rogue certificates create a new one on portal and re import a new one.,.   which you cannot do at this version because the button delete is not present on this one.  For the necessary procedures and any future support you will need access to the CLI   (admin, collectorlogin, and root) and if not access to the ESxi host.  It may be simpler for you just just deploy the latest ova into the host however at this date see below.

• Downloading CSPC 2.7.4 and Installing the OVA(VMWare)

On installation of the ova it has the full appliance OS, application, and all necessary third party on the ova

In deploying it will ask the size of the network that will provide the requirements and automatically configure the ova to that requirement. Ensure this time you also configure the CLI accounts per document attached