cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Product Alert "Scheduled Reports" Errors

Craig Cummings
Level 1
Level 1

I have multiple customer reports giving me error messages when I run "Scheduled Reports" for Product Alerts Reports.  Scheduling the report works but once the report is downloaded I get the message, "We found a problem with some content in "product alert report...., do you want us to try to recover as much as we can?..." 

I'm also not able to upload this report into the Cisco Macro due to this error. 

That this is not the first time this error has occurred.  A few months ago this same issue was escalated up to Hernani and then fixed.   I was informed that the error was caused by, “a bug as a result of the portal backend exporting illegals characters based on the unique customer inventory.”  

Feel free to PM me if you need more specific examples.

Thanks,
Craig

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is resolved via private message.

Craig is now able to generate offline product alert report as well as use MACRO reports.

Two issues were uncovered and workaround was provided.

The offline product alert report fails to open if there are special characters in Field Notice alert description.

The issue is getting addressed via bug CSCvk39954

The MACRO report comes up with empty PSIRT Pivot.

Bug CSCvk59743 has been created to address the issue with MACRO.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Suchita Shewale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Craig,

Can you send me customer, inventory details to look at? Looks similar issue as the bug CSCvj35927

I will take a look and see if we can provide workaround.

Regards,

Suchita

PM sent with examples

Hello Craig,

Apologies for the delay in response as the community platform was not available.

I reviewed the two customer accounts that you shared via private message.

One of the Field Notices from these accounts has a special character in alert descritpion, that's causing issues with offline product alert report.

Screenshot below:

FN.JPG

We have a bug CSCvk39954 identified to address this issue.

As a workaround, we have removed the special character from the field notice description manually.

We would however need a new upload to help verify whether the workaround fix is working.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Regards,

Suchita

Suchita,

I'm running a new upload on one of customers in my previous PM.  Please do not close out this discussion chain until you can verify whether your workaround fix is working properly.  I'll follow up with PM on which customer you can check once the upload is successful.

Thanks,

Craig

This is resolved via private message.

Craig is now able to generate offline product alert report as well as use MACRO reports.

Two issues were uncovered and workaround was provided.

The offline product alert report fails to open if there are special characters in Field Notice alert description.

The issue is getting addressed via bug CSCvk39954

The MACRO report comes up with empty PSIRT Pivot.

Bug CSCvk59743 has been created to address the issue with MACRO.