cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about manual import to SNTC.

Smartnet
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there, I have a customer that has a question regarding Manual Imports that I'm not too sure how to address. Any insight would be fantastic.

I had a question about manual import to the SNTC.  I have the template and have successfully imported devices, however it seems like when I import something, it is removing what I previously imported and replacing it with the most recent imported devices?  I am using different files for the source of the import.  Do you have an idea of why this is happening?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tfitch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

When you upload the .CSV file to the same inventory name it will overwrite the previous file.

You can append the new devices / lines you are attempting to upload to the original file you used. This new file can be uploaded to the same inventory name and the portal will display the new and old devices. Alternatively you can upload your second .CSV device file to a separate inventory name.  Then you will have two inventories to select and view.

Regards, Tim

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

tfitch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

When you upload the .CSV file to the same inventory name it will overwrite the previous file.

You can append the new devices / lines you are attempting to upload to the original file you used. This new file can be uploaded to the same inventory name and the portal will display the new and old devices. Alternatively you can upload your second .CSV device file to a separate inventory name.  Then you will have two inventories to select and view.

Regards, Tim

Hey, thank you so much for answering this. 

That's exactly what I needed to know - thank you again so much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: