cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Unable to get data from server for report" error when trying to use Update Center

UCTeam
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Just installed SNTC 2.7, have it connected to the Portal, have run Discoveries to build my manged devices...all good there.

But, when I try to update CSPC to the latest 2.7.2.5, I get the following error when opening any of the options in the Update Center.

Update ErrorUpdate Error

Any suggestions on what would be causing this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately, yes. Please stay with 2.7 unless you have specific requirement that you want to go with 2.7.2.5.

Thanks,
Supriya

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Supriya Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi UCTeam,

I would recommend you upgrade using CLI LCM via user 'admin' login. Please follow step from below post and let me know if you have any question.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/smart-net-total-care-portal-and/software-updates-server-is-down/td-p/3096102

Thanks,
Supriya

Hi Mike,

I received your private message. GUI 'admin' login is different than CSPC CLI 'admin' login. Please follow below document and enable all logins (CLI admin/collectorlogin/root).

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/Configure-CSPC-Appliance-via-CLI.pdf

Please do update me if you have any further question.

Thanks,
Supriya

Hey Supriya,

I've created the CLI admin password, but now when I log into it, I get the following, and it resets back to the login screen:

23B05B29.PNGany thoughts to what's going on here?

Thanks

Hi user,

By any chance, did you get chance to create root or collectorlogin or did you receive this error before that? Please try rebooting entire system and update me.

Thanks,
Supriya

Hey Supriya,

Have rebooted the VM, still get the same login loop, with the same error.

I hadn't configured the collectorlogin, or root account yet, since I wasn't able to get past the admin account creation. 

I have a feeling I'm going to have to rebuild the VM?

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately, yes. Please stay with 2.7 unless you have specific requirement that you want to go with 2.7.2.5.

Thanks,
Supriya

Finished the rebuild, was able to get the CLI admin/collectorlogin/root accounts created this time. Will hold off on the upgrade as well.

appreciate all the help!

Thanks,

Mike