Views
Helpful
Replies

Ran Collection Profile, doesnt reflect on portal

Rajan R
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had added 10 devices a few days back which was being reflected on the portal. Initially I had added only 4 devices. Today, it is showing only 4 devices on the portal. It used to show all 10 as early as last Friday. 

I added a total of 16 devices today and ran collection profile, but I do not see this being reflected in the portal or the uploads section.

Why is this happening.

Thanks

Varadarajan.R

7 Replies 7

npicard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Varadarajan,

After running the Collection profile, did you run the Upload profile? Without that, the collector has your device information but it has yet to display on the portal.

Thanks,

Nathalie

Thanks Nathalie for the reply.

I never had to do this. I have 15 files uploaded to date on the smart-services portal. I just used to run collection profile.

I did create a upload profile now and ran it. It is more than an hour now, nothing is being reflected on the web portal.

Thanks

VR

Do you normally upload via the collector or by importing a file?

We use the collector. People question the need for the software if we are uploading a excel.We have only around 20 switches

Hi, Are you using an upload profile or are you uploading via the collection profile?

Thanks,

Lynden

Can you see if the collector have a hostnames, ips, serials, products id for all devices ?

My wireless controller hasn't a serial number in collector.

I have the same problem. 

I believe that the inventory is impossible without these informations (hostname, ip, serial, product id) in collector

Make sure the devices are actually displayed in the collector after the collection.  You may have SNMP issues or the collection may have failed. I have experienced collection failures and have had to rerun the same job multiple times to completion.

Next, make sure the upload was successful and did not fail.

After that, there are times it takes a couple weeks to show up on the portal, especially if Cisco is performing portal maintenance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: