cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Auth (TACACS+) to CSPC Admin

le_
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to setup remote authentication via TACACS+ to ACS5.7 for the CSPC Web UI, though unsuccessfully.

I have configured the remote auth servers under 'Manage Remote Authentication Servers' and can test (CSPC says failed but ACS says passed), but when I try to auth using my ACS account it does not send the authentication request to ACS. Is there somewhere I need to set the authentication source or sequence?

3 Replies 3

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Luke,

Under Administration > Manage Users you have an option to add a user. Select "Remote User" for the Auth Type. Enter the username and then click OK. You should now be able to log in as that user.

Thanks,

Lynden

Hi All , 

I am experiencing the exact same issue. Updating the user profile does not resolve the problem. The ACS server logs a "passed authentication " event . The Collector however displays an " invalid credentials" error. I've tested using both Radius and Tacacs+ and receive the same results 

Regards

david9young
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All , 

I am experiencing the exact same issue.  I defining the user as external does not resolve the problem. The ISE (Tacacs) server logs a "passed authentication" event . The Collector however displays an " invalid credentials" error. I've tested using only Tacacs+.  The "test" option in CSPC for each of the ISE servers setup for external authentication always fails, but again the ISE side will say, "passed authentication".

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: