cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Running config details

blandino
Level 1
Level 1

I customer asked me today during a demo of the Total Care portal, for running configuration, are the details shown captured at the time the device was reviewed during the discovery service or what would be running at the current time.

I thought the information of the running configuration would be what was captured at time of discovery, not current at the time of the display request.  Would that be accurate or is the running configuration captured at the time of the selection in the portal.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jofrumki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The configurations that are shown on the portal come from the collector at the time of inventory.  The information is static in that you can not see a "live" feed from their network devices.  So if a customer is comparing what they see from the portal and the CLI of the device in real-time their could be differences, especially if any changes have been made since the last inventory and upload.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jofrumki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The configurations that are shown on the portal come from the collector at the time of inventory.  The information is static in that you can not see a "live" feed from their network devices.  So if a customer is comparing what they see from the portal and the CLI of the device in real-time their could be differences, especially if any changes have been made since the last inventory and upload.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: