cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

S/N for SNTC Covered Device

delsenyj
Level 1
Level 1

We have an ISR4331 router, for which we also purchased a Smart Net contract for (SNTC 8x5xNBD), through our supplier, CDW.  When collecting the information to register our Smart Net contract, CDW requested the route processor s/n of our ISR4331.

With that s/n (ISR4331 route processor s/n) and the associated Smart Net contract, I was then able to add it to my cisco account, access the required software updates from cisco.com, and successfully register & link my SNTC portal account.  However, when creating the device inventory csv file to import into my SNTC portal (just for that single ISR4331), I noticed that the notes in the csv file said to put the chassis info first, so I entered one line with the chassis s/n, and the next with the s/n shown on our Smart Net contract, the route processor s/n.  Both are for the same device.  Now, when looking at my SNTC portal, it shows that I have two devices (with the s/n's I entered in the device inventory csv file), both devices shown with the same hostname, ip address, product id, and both show as equipment type "chassis".  Only one of the two show as being covered, which is the one with the matching s/n on our Smart Net contract (which is the "route processor" s/n).  Both are actually the same device, not separate components/modules.

So now I am not sure if CDW should have actually registered the contract using the chassis s/n (and not the route processor s/n), or if I am supposed to link the two somehow?  

If the contract shouldn't have been registered with the route processor s/n, then how would I go about having that changed/updated to the chassis s/n instead? (again, both s/n's are for the same device)

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

JP

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Justin Sprake
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

If I understand correctly, the results of the CSV upload have returned accurate information regarding the Contract Coverage for each Serial Number. While I cannot comment specifically as to what coverage is recommended between an ISR Chassis and Route Processor, if it is determined that coverage needs to be updated or changed then you can simply edit the CSV file you previously submitted or even resubmit the same data again.

In order to get the contract coverage changed, you would need to work with your respective Authorized Reseller to complete that change. In order to update the information within the SNTC portal you simply need to upload another CSV file (note: CSV-based uploads are essentially master files; subsequent uploads will overwrite previous CSV upload data).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Justin Sprake
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

If I understand correctly, the results of the CSV upload have returned accurate information regarding the Contract Coverage for each Serial Number. While I cannot comment specifically as to what coverage is recommended between an ISR Chassis and Route Processor, if it is determined that coverage needs to be updated or changed then you can simply edit the CSV file you previously submitted or even resubmit the same data again.

In order to get the contract coverage changed, you would need to work with your respective Authorized Reseller to complete that change. In order to update the information within the SNTC portal you simply need to upload another CSV file (note: CSV-based uploads are essentially master files; subsequent uploads will overwrite previous CSV upload data).

Ok, great!

I will follow up with the reseller that we got the contract through.

Thanks for the help!

jp.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: