cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Scheduled DAV/Discovery/Collection/Upload Job Failure

EnsonoTAC
Level 1
Level 1
I have attempted to set up a scheduled job to run daily that will run a DAV, a Discovery, collect data and then upload it to the SNTC portal. What I see is not what I expected. 1) The Job Run Status screen shows that the Data Collection job started before Discovery, and Discovery started before DAV. I would have thought that just the opposite would occur. 2) it shows Data Collection (Job #97) as having failed. In looking at the log (which I will attach) I see multiple instances of ": Failed to collect show startup-config output" and ": Failed to collect show running-config output". I presume that a) this is why the Job Run Status screen shows the Data Collection job as State = Completed and Status = Failed, and b) it is likely due to a permissions issue for the ID that the SNTC collector is using to log in via CLI to the devices that it is attempting to collect data from. 3) Finally, it shows the upload job (#100, type "Miscellaneous") as State = Failed and Status = Failed. In looking at the job log I see the following: "Upload INITIALIZING: FAILED; Other Details: Uploads are for services: this collection profile does does not have a service" (yes, the repetition of the word "does" is in the log message). I'm looking through the documentation and I'm not clear what this means or why it occurs. I have tried to use the "Browse" function to attach the appropriate log and screenshot files. If that didn't work please let me know.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Ron,

Our CSPC will include a default Collection Profile which is preconfigured to work with SNTC and includes the necessary service name in the details. If you would like to create new/modified Profiles, it's best to Right Click on the default "SNTC" Profile and select "Clone" so that data like Service Names can be retained for the new profile.

For SNTC the service name is "smartnet_total_care".

Thank you,
Jarrett

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

RonF
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few different files to upload to illustrate this problem.  Please let me know how to do so.

With regards to point #3, on page 6-41 of the user guide I find the following:

"You can specify the Service name and Service Version for the profile created.  Service version is for the specific service program that collects and uploads the data.  Service name is mandatory to creating collections profile.  Without service name collection profiles can be created, but it will get upload as it is necessary to be mapped to any of service that you have uploaded."

First, that last sentence reads as if someone whose native language is not English wrote it.  There are several other examples of such in the documentation.  Someone whose native language IS English and has a strong understanding of syntax and grammar needs to review it.

Second, and perhaps more importantly, I have now read the documentation from the beginning up to page 6-47 and I cannot find a definition of what a "Service Name" or a "Service Version" is.  So I don't see how I can fill it in when I don't know what it is or where to find it to put it in there.

Just to clarify - I have no idea what "Without service name collection profiles can be created, but it will get upload as it is necessary to be mapped to any of services that you have uploaded." means.

Hello Ron,

Our CSPC will include a default Collection Profile which is preconfigured to work with SNTC and includes the necessary service name in the details. If you would like to create new/modified Profiles, it's best to Right Click on the default "SNTC" Profile and select "Clone" so that data like Service Names can be retained for the new profile.

For SNTC the service name is "smartnet_total_care".

Thank you,
Jarrett

O.K.  I have done this.  We'll see what happens this evening when the job runs.

Hello Ron,

You can select "browse" and add multiple pictures of examples at a single time.  Can you try to add the additional details that way?

Thank you,

Jarrett

I did select "Browse" and add multiple files.  Can you see them?

The changes worked to a point. The DAV, Discovery and Data Collection jobs now all run with no problem. The Upload job failed with a new error message: "Other Details: There is no unique registration certificate for Ensono_Core_Daily_Collection" "Ensono_Core_Daily_Collection" is the name I gave to the collection profile. I don't see anything referring to a certificate in the Data Collection Profile screen.

Hello Ron,

Are you running the upload job from the Collection Profile settings?  Or setting up a separate Upload Profile with the data? 

Would you be able to send me a PM screenshot of your certificate page?  You can get here from going to Help -> View/Manage Registrations

Thank you,

Jarrett

I'm running the job from the Collection Profile.
[cid:image001.jpg@01D3ED38.56208680]

I do note that there seems to be a discrepancy between the Customer name and CSP # shown in the browser (at the top of this screen shot) and the registration certificate.
[cid:image001.png@01D3ED38.B2C012C0]

Hello Ron,

I was not able to see your screenshots attached.  if you like you can also send the screenshots to this email alias.

sntc***

Thank you,

Jarrett

Done.

Everything works now with the new Collection Profile!  This can be closed.