Views
Helpful
Replies

Serial number not showing in SNTC

dfinibg6
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community,

Serial numbers are not showing in SNTC after the most recent Collection and upload ran by our Customer.

We have modified collection and upload profiles as suggested in other forums, but same result.

11 Replies 11

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey dfinibg6,

You are not seeing the serial numbers of any of your devices on the portal?  Please private message me the company and inventory names for this instance.  Also, please send screenshots of the collection profile settings as well as your upload profile if you use one separately to push data to portal.

Thanks,
Justin

Hi Justin,

None of the serial numbers were uploaded into SNTC portal. I sent all the details in a PM.

Thanks,

Was this resolved? I'm having the same issue.

Was this resolved? I'm having the same issue.

Not yet....

Hey dfinibg6,

Although there is a bug ID CSCvq89357 that is causing some users to not be able to see serial numbers under Serial Number on the 'All Equipment' tab, I do not think this was what was affecting you at that time as I do see IP Phones populated with SNs for your account.

I sent a message back on 7/25 requesting for further details.

Thanks,
Justin

Hi Justin,

All IP phones you see populated with serial numbers were collected in January. As I mentioned before, this issue has affected our collections from July and now August. None serial number is shown in SNTC in the latest collections.

Hi @jumin ,

I have another customer how installed the collector on late July, run the collection and uploaded the info on August 6th.  All information was uploaded, including serial numbers.

However, in august 18th another collection and upload was executed using same version of CSPC and same profile, and all serial numbers disappeared from SNTC portal.

I have also noticed that when you check the collected devices under inventory -> all equipment, none of the serial numbers are shown. However, if you check Alerts -> All field notices, and click on any of the field notice to see the affected devices, the serial numbers are there...…….

Hey dfinibg6,

In regards to this other customer, it sounds like they are affected by bug ID CSCvq89357.  If you look into the details, you will find the symptoms are that serial numbers do not appear in 'All Equipment' and 'Custom Inventory' tabs.  Also, the details mention that all alert and contract data/info is not affected, as the serial numbers were actually collected and processed.  This is more of a display issue for the SNs.  Again, alert and contract data should not be affected.  For a workaround with the 'All Equipment' and 'Custom Inventory' tabs, make sure the field 'Collected SN' is visible via the three vertical dots on the far right of the SNTC Portal.  You will find SNs still populated here.

In regards to the initial customer, please push a manual collection with the default 'SNTC' profile.  This should push an uplaod when completed.

Thanks,
Justin

Chris Simm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

Simple question but have you checked "Serial Duplicate Check" is on? in the "Discovery settings"

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes, it is.

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: