Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Serial Number of Ip Phones are not showing

Dear All, greetings.

I had a client that we made the discovery and upload, but the Serial Numbers of the IP Phone doesn't show on CSPC and clients SNTC Portal.

We made a second discovery and upload but changing the configurations to get the SN information, but still no success.

Can somebody help us?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I ran some of those MACs through our manufacturing database and found that for those missing SNs, the manufacturing report was null as well. This may be an instance of missing or inaccurate data. Unfortunately, without a valid MAC Input I cannot expect any SN data to resolve within the SNTC portal.

I recommend contacting your Reseller or Account Manager with the pertinent details and see if they are able to provide steps for remediation. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Justin Sprake
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Can you confirm that the IP Phones are being collected by discovering and collecting from the CUCM parent device(s)? If so, the MAC address collection should be all that the SNTC portal needs to properly parse those types of devices.

Justin, thanks for your reply.

Yes, we made the discovery from the Call Manager, but we need the Serial Number number from the IP Phones, to remove the compliance flag on those devices using the SNTC portal.

Can we have the Serial Number information from the MAC address?

The flag removing could be done only with the MAC address?

I´ve attached the ip_phones list.

With is not possible any of the alternatives to get the serial number, have some way to fix this problem?

I ran some of those MACs through our manufacturing database and found that for those missing SNs, the manufacturing report was null as well. This may be an instance of missing or inaccurate data. Unfortunately, without a valid MAC Input I cannot expect any SN data to resolve within the SNTC portal.

I recommend contacting your Reseller or Account Manager with the pertinent details and see if they are able to provide steps for remediation. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: