cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Several collection dates on reports

Lyn Robbins
Level 1
Level 1

Within the SNTC portal, I’ve opted to set my reporting preference to LATEST view.  However, when I’m looking at my reports, such as Custom Inventory Report, I notice that several collection dates are shown.  Why does that happen?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lyndon Siu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When using the SNTC portal, you have the choice of viewing data based on the LATEST collection or COMPREHENSIVE of all collections. For this answer, I’ll answer from the perspective that you are using LATEST.

1) If you have a single collector, then there should be only one collection date.

2) If you have ’n’ collectors, and the devices collected do not overlap across the collectors, then you should only see ’n’ collection dates; essentially, one date for each collector.

3) If you have 'n' collectors and the devices they collect overlap across the collectors, then you may see ‘n+’ collection dates.

For example, lets say we have 2 collectors and they do the following:
Collector1 collected DeviceA, DeviceB and DeviceC on Jan 1 in its last collection
Collector2 collected DeviceA and DeviceC on Jan 5th
Collector2 subsequently collected only DeviceC on Jan 10th in its last collection

In this scenario, you will have 3 collection dates. DeviceB will have collection date of Jan 1, DeviceA will have collection date of Jan 5, DeviceC will have collection date of Jan 10.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Lyndon Siu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When using the SNTC portal, you have the choice of viewing data based on the LATEST collection or COMPREHENSIVE of all collections. For this answer, I’ll answer from the perspective that you are using LATEST.

1) If you have a single collector, then there should be only one collection date.

2) If you have ’n’ collectors, and the devices collected do not overlap across the collectors, then you should only see ’n’ collection dates; essentially, one date for each collector.

3) If you have 'n' collectors and the devices they collect overlap across the collectors, then you may see ‘n+’ collection dates.

For example, lets say we have 2 collectors and they do the following:
Collector1 collected DeviceA, DeviceB and DeviceC on Jan 1 in its last collection
Collector2 collected DeviceA and DeviceC on Jan 5th
Collector2 subsequently collected only DeviceC on Jan 10th in its last collection

In this scenario, you will have 3 collection dates. DeviceB will have collection date of Jan 1, DeviceA will have collection date of Jan 5, DeviceC will have collection date of Jan 10.

Thanks! That makes sense.