Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart collector - Root password recovery

sat.datos.mdtel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I recorded the admin, root and collectorlogin passwords, but now these don't seem to work.

The username admin authenticated by web access, but not by ssh.
1.jpg
For username root not authenticated by ssh,
2.jpg
For username collectorlogin authenticated by ssh, but the root's password can not be reset.
3.jpg

SNTC is running on a VM.

With this scenario is it possible to reset the root password?

Thanks in advanced.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Can you please try to login again as "collectorlogin" and type "su -" to move into the root account? Direct SSH access to root is disabled for security however you can login via collectorlogin. Please make sure to also wait at least 30 minutes between your last root login attempt.

Thank you,

Jarrett

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,

You can reset the root password if you have access to the admin CLI shell by running the command "pwdreset root 90". If an account has been locked due to multiple failed attempts, you will need to wait at least 30 minutes before trying to login again with the correct password.

Thank you,

Jarrett

Hello,

thanks Jarrett but I haven't access to the admin CLI shell. Would it be possible reset the password admin?

Regards,

Jorge

Hello,

Can you please try to login again as "collectorlogin" and type "su -" to move into the root account? Direct SSH access to root is disabled for security however you can login via collectorlogin. Please make sure to also wait at least 30 minutes between your last root login attempt.

Thank you,

Jarrett

Hello,

Great, I have access with the root account.

Thanks very much.

Regards,

Jorge.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: