cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart Net Total Care Portal API

crutchas24
Level 1
Level 1

Does an API exist to extract data from the Smart Net Total Care portal? The pre-canned reports i'm finding aren't sufficient, and i'd rather be able to query for only data that I want anyway. Would be REALLY useful if this existed.....

7 Replies 7

graham.kirtley
Level 1
Level 1

I believe that an API does indeed exist, since other 3rd party OSS vendors are stating that their product has integration with SNTC.  I expect that it is a licenced, Cisco partner service only.

We do not have the Smart Net Total Care API for Cisco Partners or Customers today. The API feature is currently under consideration for a future release.

Regards, Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for providing the information regarding Cisco's current position on 3rd party access to any SNTC API.

We (my company - a global operator) would be very interested in the details of what any potential API may comprise and within what time-frame it may be developed and made available.

Please feel free to convey this interest to the applicable product manager, as we would welcome involvement in this area.

Rgds,

Graham

I will echo Tim's sentiment about development of this API. SNTC reporting as it stands today is not useful at all. If the data is already there, why not expose it so people can consume it how they wish? 

For anyone looking for this functionality still, check out apiconsole.cisco.com, there's a suite of APIs on there that will give you most of this information already. 

I will echo Tim's sentiment about development of this API. SNTC reporting as it stands today is not useful at all. If the data is already there, why not expose it so people can consume it how they wish? 

Hi Tim,

please keep the Cisco community informed as we all hope to get an API on smartnet info.

regards

Paul Liebregts

Technical Director

Qcast

The Netherlands

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: