Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart Net Total Care without RMA

Is there actually a Smart Net Total Care without RMA and/or without TAC access for ASA Firewalls? I have searched and can't find anything.

There is mention of it here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/smart-net-total-care/datasheet-c78-735459.pdf

I have a few firewalls that I want to have licensed access to firmware/software updates but I do my own support without too much issue and haven't needed any hardware replacement for years so I would prefer not to pay for things I don't need.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jonathan,

These things can be frustrating.  I have gone back to SNTC.  I am not certain as this is not an area that i am familiar with however,  I think that the SW Service SKU in the table below will give you what you need. I have also included the SNT Service SKU for reference. These are based on the ASA5516 PID.

Perhaps you could ask your VAR to confirm this for you and then quote as needed.

Regards, Tim 

Product SKU

Product Description

Major Heading Services

Minor Heading Services

Service Level

Service SKU

ASA5516-FPWR-K8

ASA 5516-X with FirePOWER services, 8GE, AC, DES

SMARTNET NO RMA (CON-SW-XXX),SNTC NO RMA (CON-SW-XXX)

CON-SW for ASAMID Series Products

SW

CON-SW-ASA556F8

ASA5516-FPWR-K9

ASA 5516-X with FirePOWER services, 8GE, AC, 3DES/AES

SW

CON-SW-ASA556F9

ASA5516-FTD-K9

ASA 5516-X with Firepower Threat Defense, 8GE, AC

SNTC 8X5XNBD (CON-SNT-XXX)

CON-SNT for ASAMID Series Products

SNT

CON-SNT-ASA5K16F

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

tfitch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jonathan,

Have a look at the Contract Type SW under the SNTC service program, that may give what you need.

Regards, Tim

Hmm looks like it is migrated to SWSS. Unfortunately I am having a hard time finding any more specific info than that.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en_us/partners/services/downloads/swss-ordering-guide.pdf

I can't find a part number specific enough to help me actually order it. :/

Hello Jonathan,

SAS and SASU have migrated to SWSS however the Contract type SW is still available under SNTC. I will see if I can find any pointer on ordering SWSS. 

Regards, Tim

tfitch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jonathan,

We do support ASA under SWSS.  An example Contract type would be ECMU.  The contract types are specific to and cover all services. As an example, SNT is the contract type for SNTC Next Business Day. In terms of identifying the correct part number then it would be best to speak to your Partner or Cisco Account representative who will be able to advise you.

Regards, Tim

Yeah, if I had a capable partner or account rep I wouldn't be asking here. :D

My account rep seems to change more than I can keep track of and is mostly unresponsive. My partner/VAR that I usually work with is basically useless. I have to provide a specific part number in order to even get a price. They have spent 3 weeks 'researching' this issue (how to legally download updates for a Cisco ASA 5516) and there is no indication that they are going to figure it out.

This kind of complication makes it really hard to enjoy Cisco products.

Hi Jonathan,

These things can be frustrating.  I have gone back to SNTC.  I am not certain as this is not an area that i am familiar with however,  I think that the SW Service SKU in the table below will give you what you need. I have also included the SNT Service SKU for reference. These are based on the ASA5516 PID.

Perhaps you could ask your VAR to confirm this for you and then quote as needed.

Regards, Tim 

Product SKU

Product Description

Major Heading Services

Minor Heading Services

Service Level

Service SKU

ASA5516-FPWR-K8

ASA 5516-X with FirePOWER services, 8GE, AC, DES

SW

CON-SW-ASA556F8

ASA5516-FPWR-K9

ASA 5516-X with FirePOWER services, 8GE, AC, 3DES/AES

SW

CON-SW-ASA556F9

ASA5516-FTD-K9

ASA 5516-X with Firepower Threat Defense, 8GE, AC

SNTC 8X5XNBD (CON-SNT-XXX)

CON-SNT for ASAMID Series Products

SNT

CON-SNT-ASA5K16F

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: