cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart Service Upload and Reporting Macro - Errors (v3.6)

Andrew Kirkby
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to generate the consolidated report using the Cisco supplied Smart Service Upload and Reporting macro. I can load the macro spreadsheet ok (Macros are enabled in Excel). The Inventory report import works OK, however, when doing the Product Alert import, after around 20 seconds it fails with 'Microsoft Visual Basic - Run-time error '9': - Subscript out of range'

Further investigation, by opening the individual files downloaded from the portal appears to point to an issue with the Alerts report. When opening in Excel it throws an error saying that the file may have errors, it then goes on to try and repair it with the following error log -

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="true"?>

-<recoveryLog xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main">

<logFileName>error111280_01.xml</logFileName>

<summary>Errors were detected in file '\\****.local\****2$\*****5$\****.****\profile\Desktop\Report\2018-07-12_Alerts.xlsm'</summary>

-<removedParts summary="Following is a list of removed parts:">

<removedPart>Replaced Part: /xl/worksheets/sheet4.xml part with XML error. Illegal xml character. Line 7, column 281.</removedPart>

</removedParts>

</recoveryLog>

Can you please advise.

Andy

5 Replies 5

Justin Sprake
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Andy,

I'll work on reproducing the error and follow up once I learn more.

Justin Sprake
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Andy,

It appears as though you will need to repair the Product Alert file, then import the Customer Inventory followed by the repaired Product Alert.

I was able to reproduce the error you provided and these were the steps required to resolve.

Appreciate that running the repair allows you to use the file, however, I'd suggest that this was only a temporary workaround?
Is it possible to get this looked into? Something must have changed in a recent release to break the report output?

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention.  We'll investigate further and get this fixed.

Cheers,
Cheri

Hi Andrew,

We've been able to identify the root cause of the issue. Specifically, All instances of Field Notice FN70223 appear to contain an invalid character within the generated report which causes the error in Microsoft Excel.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/702/fn70223.html

We've created a CDET for this issue as well which should be visible shortly:

CSCvk39954

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: