cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

smartnet and microphone hardware replacement

jonlaw
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if smartnet covers the microphones that are part of the Cisco MX300 telepresence system or is just the core unit covered?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tfitch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jonathan,

I am  not 100% sure how the replacement would be managed but I think we would swap the microphone.  If you open a TAC case using the SmartNet contract number and the serial number of the Codec the TAC can confirm.  When opening the case state that you need a replacement for the microphone. 

Regards, Tim

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

tfitch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You can put the CTS-MX300-UNIT= under SmartNet.  This includes the MX300 Gen 2 integrated codec, LCD, camera, speaker,  and microphone.  I believe the Smart net Total Care portal will only display the Codec.

Regards, Tim

The systems are on smartNet but we have the small microphones from the MX300 system that stopped functioning.  Will SmartNet replace those?

tfitch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jonathan,

I am  not 100% sure how the replacement would be managed but I think we would swap the microphone.  If you open a TAC case using the SmartNet contract number and the serial number of the Codec the TAC can confirm.  When opening the case state that you need a replacement for the microphone. 

Regards, Tim

Thanks Tim,

I have six microphones that would need replacing, would I need a separate TAC case for each?

tfitch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jonathan,

I would just open one case as the issues are all related.

Regards, Tim

tfitch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jonathan,

I would just open one case as the issues are all related.

Regards, Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: