Views
Helpful
Replies

SmartNET on CUCM Licenses??

Randy Calderon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

I am in the process of ordering additional UCM 10.x Enhanced User Licenses (LIC-CUCM-10X-ENH-A) but I am being given the option to add smartnet coverage on each license I want to purchase. Is this really necessary? I mean, licenses either work or don't.

Thanks for your time,

Randy C.

3 Replies 3

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The licenses will work even without you opting for Smartnet Coverage but I am really not sure why one not want to add it if there is no extra charge. Refer to below document in order to understand what all benefits you will get y adding Smartnet Coverage

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/services/ps2827/ps2978/services_qa0900aecd8042b4d6.pdf

Regards

Deepak

Hello Deepak,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. My Cisco reseller is telling me otherwise. SmartNET for CUCM licenses are not free. If I choose not to purchase SmartNET for the additional licenses I will be purchasing, then the licenses will not be carried over if I choose to upgrade my CUCM version.

Well he is absolutely correct in saying that since the upgrading of licenses when you do CUCM upgrade will be covered under SmartNet only. 

Secondly it looks like I may have not made myself clearer when I wrote "why one not want to add it if there is no extra charge". My understanding to write this statement was that you are getting SmartNet coverage free of charge with the additional CUCM license and still you are getting apprehensive if you should take it or not.

What your reseller is telling must be correct in terms of that you will need to purchase it as they are the ones who look into all these things all the time compared to us who are more on the Technical Side of it rather than ordering/pricing etc.

Regards

Deepak