cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMPv3 failure on WLC5508

lcaruso
Level 6
Level 6

Does the Collector support WLC5508 wireless controllers running SNMPv3? After configuring SNMPv3 on all devices, the Collector cannot authenticate to the wireless controller, but I can use the same credentials and authenticate with an SNMPv3 MIB browser to the wireless controller just fine. Since the MIB browser authenticates, this appears to be a problem with the Collector. I have copied all credentials from a password manager multiple times this is not attributable to this type of error. 

2 Replies 2

Suchita Shewale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@lcaruso  Can you please check the path between CSPC & the WLC to see if there is any ACL or firewall in between that may be causing routing issues?

Hello and thank you for replying. We do not have a firewall in the path from the Collector the WLC5508. I opened a ticket on the WLC but I suspect the issue is with the Collector since the MIB Browser can authenticate just fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: