Views
Helpful
Replies

SNTC 4K Collection Issue

rharrison
Level 1
Level 1

Team,

My our customer cannot see their 4K's in the portal and when looking at their discovery job, they get the following error:

"Not managed because the platform is not available in Include Platform definition"

The customer even added a definition in the collector for them but still get the same error.

Any suggestions?

8 Replies 8

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Which specific product do you mean by 4K? What is the sysobjectid? What version of CSPC and Rule Package are you running (Look under About ).

Hi Chris,

See attached screenshot from the customer.

Check in Settings>Discovery Settings.  Look at what is in the Include and Exclude Platform tabs.  In the Include tab you should see the IOS_XE platform there.  It would be unusual for it not to be there.  In the Exclude tab you should only see EXCLUDE_NETWORK_AND_BROADCAST_ADDRESS.  If so, then are your ISRs by chance having an IP ending in .0 or .255?  That is what the EXCLUDE_NETWORK_AND_BROADCAST_ADDRESS platform in exclude is excluding.

Hi Chris,

Here is the response from the customer:

"Remember EVEN when I use the .1 address it will not pull it in. I’ve had NO problems with ANY 29xx or 19xx with a .255 address."

Hello,

To further analyze this, please provide the following items:

• Appliance ID of collector
  • Details on version, was the collector a fresh install or an upgrade?
  • Screenshot of the device credentials configuration window
  • Screenshot of the error as well as screenshot of snmpwalk to the following OID:  1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2

• The collector settings, can be obtained via the XML API console.

Steps:

• Navigate to Administration -> XML API console.
  • Paste and run the below code:
  • <Request xmlns="http://www.parinetworks.com/api/schemas/1.1" requestId="44444">
<Manage>
<Get operationId="1">
<ApplicationPreferencesSettings>
<ApplicationName>all</ApplicationName>
</ApplicationPreferencesSettings>
</Get>
</Manage>
</Request>
  • Download and share the resulting file for analysis.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Chris,

Here is the response from the customer: I have also attached a screenshot of the snmpwalk and the collector settings.

"It was a fresh install of 2.7 and upgraded to 2.8"

I'm not sure both attachments uploaded as I only see the collector settings so here is the snmpwalk attachment just in case.

Thank you.

Please also provide the collector's appliance ID.

In addition, I saw the following: "The customer even added a definition in the collector for them". How was this done?

One suggestion I have is to go into Settings -> Discovery Settings and clear everything under "Included platform", Make sure nothing is on the right side.

Then perform the scan one more time.

Provide screenshots of any errors.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: