Views
Helpful
Replies

SNTC and Cisco IMC

terry.johnson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Is it possible to inventory all my UCS server using the IMC supervisor or do I have to inventory each server?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Depends on the deployment model.  For stand-alone C-series, you would want CSPC to individually manage each CIMC IP.  For B & C Series managed by UCSM, all you need is the Fabric Interconnect IP in CSPC (for completeness, it is usually best to include A side & B side FI).

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Depends on the deployment model.  For stand-alone C-series, you would want CSPC to individually manage each CIMC IP.  For B & C Series managed by UCSM, all you need is the Fabric Interconnect IP in CSPC (for completeness, it is usually best to include A side & B side FI).

JimDunne1
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Cisco IMC Supervisor for my non-domain UCS rack servers. It is easy to set up and use and provides decent functionality, though isn't super in-depth. It must be licensed.

I'll have to look up CSPC. Would that offer any advantages to CIMC Supervisor?

I misunderstood the original post.  When I read it, I was just thinking about managing the C-series either as stand-alone or by UCSM.  But now I realize it is about IMC Supervisor.  CSPC currently doesn't talk to IMC Supervisor, so to get stand-alone C-Series into SNTC, you need to individually manage each C-Series in the CSPC.

cseli-dolby
Level 1
Level 1

Do you mean how do you do bulk adding of servers to Cisco IMC-Supervisor?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: