cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNTC/CSPC Collection not showing Serial Numbers

BuddyAllison
Level 4
Level 4

Under view devices i see 74 devices - follow the recommaned links in checking for error but none help, still have every thing else but the needed item - Device Serial numbers, would like to have them before i upload then on the SNTC portal.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSPC no longer shows serial numbers in UI starting in version 2.7.  There is a way to enable it, but it impacts de-duplication logic and would not be recommended.

View solution in original post

Can you send me a PM (see instructions) to let me know the company name and inventory name you are looking at.  I think I have the right one and I see your File imports from 2016, but I also see 7 or 8 uploads from July 17th.  Some are successful and some still in queue.  Even though serial numbers aren't seen in CSPC UI, they will be in the upload and show in SNTC Portal.

Hello Jarret

Is there a way to stop / delete the Upload Processing of the (20) items? I tried to do a new CSV upload but cant till the current uploads are complete. Still do not have any SN from the CSPC file that where uploaded?

(See Attched

13 Replies 13

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSPC no longer shows serial numbers in UI starting in version 2.7.  There is a way to enable it, but it impacts de-duplication logic and would not be recommended.

Aloha Chris Camplejohn

Ok, so how do I uload this to SNTC and manage my devices? keep inventory for my devices & order SmartNet for next year? what is your recommendations, should i use the previous version to get the SN, upload then move back to ver 2.7.  I am under 300 devices ? 

Also the uploads are successful but no show up on SNTC portal? (See Attched)

Hello BuddyAllison

I can see that your uploads from the CSPC have successfully reached the SNTC Portal.  From your screenshot, you may currently only have the "CSV" Inventory name selected in the top left drop down menu.  Can you please see if you can view the CSPC Uploads after selecting the top left "pencil" icon and selecting "All Inventory And Segments" for the Inventory name?

Thank you,

Jarrett

Aloha Jarret

Yes now I can see the complete list of what I have beed trying to upload all week - all showing Received & in progress - none of the device info has been showing up in the portal?

Hello Jarret

Is there a way to stop / delete the Upload Processing of the (20) items? I tried to do a new CSV upload but cant till the current uploads are complete. Still do not have any SN from the CSPC file that where uploaded?

(See Attched

Can you send me a PM (see instructions) to let me know the company name and inventory name you are looking at.  I think I have the right one and I see your File imports from 2016, but I also see 7 or 8 uploads from July 17th.  Some are successful and some still in queue.  Even though serial numbers aren't seen in CSPC UI, they will be in the upload and show in SNTC Portal.

Hello Chris

Can we see the devices in SNTC Portal? still only see olds devices?

Hi how do i enable this feature as other smart collects have the serails on 2.7 and 2.8 but one doesnt

Hey patrickroberts,

Are you referring to seeing SNs within the CSPC GUI?  If so, 'Settings' -> 'Discovery Settings' -> Switch 'Serial Number Duplicate Check' to Yes.

Thanks,
Justin

Hi no its when I pull off the inventory reports at the backend I'm not seeing the serial numbers ?

Hey patrickroberts,

By 'backend' are you referring to the SNTC Portal?  If so, ensure you are running a 'Collection/Inventory' job and not just an upload job.  To do so, go to the CSPC GUI -> 'Management' -> 'Collect Data' -> Select the default SNTC account and run job.  DO NOT push an upload after, the default collection profile will export an upload upon completion.  Let me know if SNs still blank after.

Thanks,
Justin

Hi Sorry for the delay been on other works with all that is going on...

Still not getting hte correct info at the back end SNTC portal .. i always do a SNTC push but still same issue..

also in inventory Delta section i do a snapshot is see equipment added 52 but deleted 62 ? on the same date

could this be due to the smart colelct being on a hyper V platform ?

Hey patrickroberts,

To confirm, you are only running the collection job with the 'SNTC' collection profile and not using an additional upload profile to export to the portal?

Private message me the Company/Inventory names on the portal for me to take a look.

Thanks,

Justin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: