cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNTC not reporting LDoS date for core switch

JSM92
Level 1
Level 1

We've just discovered that a customer's core Nexus 7010 device has an LDoS date of 8/31/19.  The SNTC portal is not showing this date, but does show the date on the modules for the device.  I thought maybe it was just a glitch in this last upload, but I checked ones from as far back as Feb and it didn't show a date their either.  Has anyone ever seen this before?  I confirmed in CCW-R that the date is indeed correct.  

5 Replies 5

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The Nexus 7010 isn't LDoS. What is the PID you see in CCW-R?

N7K-C7010-P1-STK

I can shoot you the serial #s in a PM (there are 2 devices)

That explains it. That is a marketing promotion bundle PID. That marketing promotion it long gone so that bundle is EOL. But the actual N7K-C7010 is alive & kicking and still orderable. So no real EOL for you. The SNTC portal is accurate in its reporting. The PID on your contract associated to one of the SN is that bundle PID. To renew service on it, I would assume you just need to renew based on the real PID vs. the bundle PID. Hope that helps.

So even though all the modules show LDoS of 8/31, they aren't?  I believe I saw something that the SUP1 cards were replaced with SUP2?  So the customer would indeed need to purchase those?  

No. The EOL data in SNTC is accurate. Not everything EOLs at the same time. So there are EOL notices for the Sup modules, the FAB modules, and the M1 cards. The 7010 itself (i.e. the chassis) is still valid. But the Sup module is the "brains" of the box and it becomes LDoS the end of August, so it should be a priority to be upgrading. Would recommend addressing all the LDoS cards. The M1 cards are not LDoS until 2021. So the immediate priority would be the Sup Cards and Fab Cards.