cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNTC problem

kakathieuja
Level 1
Level 1

My Smart Net total care displays like this when i connect to https://tools.cisco.com/smartservices/ .

I cant receive the upload information from my CSPC server even when no failed log in the CSPC server.

What is my problem? How can i check this ? 

Thanks all

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Pamela,

sorry but it isnot my problem. It is i cant see all information about my smart net total care.

Please see my attached image. This is not have anything in dashboard, administrator and action etc.

But thanks for your answer.

View solution in original post

Hello Kakathieuja,

You can configure your date and time by running the command "timesync" on the CLI shell.  This will prompt you for a local or public IP address of a NTP server to use (by default, it will try a public NTP of pool.ntp.org).  Your local timezone can be configured by issuing the command "timezone", it will display a list of all available timezone options, and ask for you to select the one you would like to use. I have provided examples of both timesync and timezone below.  Once these steps are complete you can try to issue a new upload again.  

TimeSync Example

///
admin# timesync

===============================================================================
                      Synchronize Appliance Time                               
  Ntp Server Address [pool.ntp.org] : 8.8.8.8

Would you like to synchronize time with '8.8.8.8' (y|n)? y                 

Successfully updated NTP sync interval
admin#

///

Timezone Example

////

admin# timezone
          Africa/Abidjan
          Africa/Accra
          Africa/Addis_Ababa
          W-SU
          WET
          Zulu
                      Setting appliance timezone                               
  Please enter the timezone you want to set (timezone name/string): EST   

Would you like to set timezone to EST(y|n)? y                 

Setting time zone to EST

admin#

///

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Pamela Ghosh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi There ,

Thanks for reaching out to us, Depending on upload queue, it can take several hours for an upload to display . Please continue to monitor and if it still does not display after 24 hours, kindly update this post.

Regards

Pamela

Hi Pamela,

sorry but it isnot my problem. It is i cant see all information about my smart net total care.

Please see my attached image. This is not have anything in dashboard, administrator and action etc.

But thanks for your answer.

Hi ,

Once the upload gets successfully completed you will be able to see all the information.

In case if the upload is not showing up after 24 hours , please update this post , I will work with you to take next action on it .

Thanks for understanding and patience.

Regards

Pamela

Please talk the next action because i try 2 times and nothing happen. the 1st time is 6 March and the second time is 20 March :(.

Thanks 

Hi ,

I have sent appropriate communication to you to get details which I need to proceed further. I will appropriately update this post with my comments based on the final conclusion/discussion .

Regards

Pamela

Hi,

If you need any information please ask me or send me a message.

Anyway, thanks for your help

Thanks

An email was sent to the email address associated to the ID you used to post this thread. It is from sender sntc-support-community@cisco.com. Please reply to the email or let us know via this post if you did not receive it.

Hello Kakathieuja,

On our CSPC, after we have ran a discovery job and managed several devices on the Collector, our next task will be to run a "Collection Profile" Job and "Upload" Job.  

Can you please confirm if a Collection Profile job has completed?  To view the history of your profile jobs, on the GUI, you may go to Reports -> Inventory Jobs.

If you would like to test only an upload, you can also create a Upload Profile on the CSPC.  Could you please check and see what message you are receiving on the CSPC while running an Upload Job?

These are the details needed for a successful upload:

IP: 72.163.7.113

HN: concsoweb-prd.cisco.com

Port: 443

Thank you,

Jarrett

Hi Jarrett,

Yes, i already run Collection Profile and it has completed.

After i run an Upload Job the result is in the upload profile.jpg,

Thanks

Hello Kakathieuja,

Thank you for the details. I can see an upload was attempted from your side.  However it looks like the CSPC local timestamp may be incorrect. 

On the Admin CLI, can you please try running the command "timesync" and setting up a local NTP server?  After this is done, can you try issuing another upload?

Thank you,

Jarrett

Hi Jarrett,

This is my timesync and timezone

It was not configured.

I will try to config it and feedback. Can you give me a guide?

Thanks

Hello Kakathieuja,

You can configure your date and time by running the command "timesync" on the CLI shell.  This will prompt you for a local or public IP address of a NTP server to use (by default, it will try a public NTP of pool.ntp.org).  Your local timezone can be configured by issuing the command "timezone", it will display a list of all available timezone options, and ask for you to select the one you would like to use. I have provided examples of both timesync and timezone below.  Once these steps are complete you can try to issue a new upload again.  

TimeSync Example

///
admin# timesync

Synchronize Appliance Time                               
  Ntp Server Address [pool.ntp.org] : 8.8.8.8

Would you like to synchronize time with '8.8.8.8' (y|n)? y                 

Successfully updated NTP sync interval
admin#

///

Timezone Example

////

admin# timezone
          Africa/Abidjan
          Africa/Accra
          Africa/Addis_Ababa
          W-SU
          WET
          Zulu
                      Setting appliance timezone                               
  Please enter the timezone you want to set (timezone name/string): EST   

Would you like to set timezone to EST(y|n)? y                 

Setting time zone to EST

admin#

///

Hi Jarrett,

Our customer use a local Ip address of a NTP server and when i config timesync to it, the CSPC server timesync is in the attached image, and i reboot the CSPC server.

Then i test upload job again and it was success immediately.

Then i connect to SNTC but not thing happen. Maybe i need to wait 24 hours. But at least some guide said that a upload profile will show how many time it need to be done, that right?

Can you give some suggest?

Thanks

Hello Kakathieuja,

I see three uploads have successfully been pushed to the SNTC Portal!  Great job!   They are currently being processed by our backend into reports on the Portal.  Depending on how large the file is, it may take some time for processing.

Thank you,

Jarrett

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: