Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNTC upload failing with Internal error

Hello

We are trying to run an upload job, but its failing with Internal error message.

Can you please help?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you , as we spoke offline the procedure mentioned should work if there were not too many variations of the delete/add certificates attempted. But after many attempts a corruption of the database certificate table may occur with would required a full advance database access and troubleshooting. This level of support can be obtained with a SMART ASSIST CONTRACT to which you demonstrate some interest in acquiring. please review the information below in how to acquire this service level: If you need additional help in this information let me know

"Smart Assist includes assistance from a remote Cisco technical service resource to help you install the Cisco Common Service Platform Collector (CSPC) and register for the Smart Net Total Care portal. The service also provides guidance for uploading data collections to the portal and includes installed base data reconciliation twice per year. The service also includes TAC support for issues related to using the portal and collections. If you would like to learn more about Smart Assist Service, please reach out to your Account Manager. You can also learn more about Smart Assist on Cisco.com at:http://www.cisco.com/go/sntc."

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello this particular error seems to be a generic error and many possibilities exist for this  error.  Do you have access to the CLI account users collectorlogin and root via SSH ?

Yes, I have access to both collectorlogin and root accounts.

Thank you first connect to the user collectorlogin then su to root and then send me the output of the following command on a private message.

tail -100 /opt/ConcsoTgw/tail-end-gateway-decoupled/bin/CONN_TEG_LOGS/tail-end-gateway.log

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In reviewing the logs the relevant error message is :

This error is typically because in the process of updating and/or replacing the certificate on the collector it did was not performed completely and some corruption may have occurred.

Please re-download the relevant certificate from services.cisco.com and go to the screen below click replace and search the zip file of the certificate and  and replace it.then go to root again and perform the following command

#   service concsotgw restart

Then try the upload again.  If it works let me know if it fails redo the log command below  and resend to me
# tail -100 /opt/ConcsoTgw/tail-end-gateway-decoupled/bin/CONN_TEG_LOGS/tail-end-gateway.lo

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvg15760replacecertificate.JPG

caveat: there are instances in which attempts to delete and add certificates into the collector may corrupt the certificate database making it impossible to perform the above task properly. In these instances without SMART ASSIST service level a redeploy is the workaround.

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I did received your second set of logs had you run the below command prior to trying a new upload ?

# service concsotgw restart

Ran this. Upload is still failing. Sent you logs on PM.

Thank you for sending me the 3rd set of logs.  in this set the collector ID does not match the other you had previously.

now you have CSPxxxxxxxxxx73

previously on first set of logs you had CSPxxxxxx35

which one should be the correct one?

CSPxxxxxx35 was the old registration, I have replaced it with new registration CSPxxxxxxxxxx73 and restarted the services as suggested. 

CSPxxxxxxxxxx73 is the latest/correct one.

Thanks

Thank you , as we spoke offline the procedure mentioned should work if there were not too many variations of the delete/add certificates attempted. But after many attempts a corruption of the database certificate table may occur with would required a full advance database access and troubleshooting. This level of support can be obtained with a SMART ASSIST CONTRACT to which you demonstrate some interest in acquiring. please review the information below in how to acquire this service level: If you need additional help in this information let me know

"Smart Assist includes assistance from a remote Cisco technical service resource to help you install the Cisco Common Service Platform Collector (CSPC) and register for the Smart Net Total Care portal. The service also provides guidance for uploading data collections to the portal and includes installed base data reconciliation twice per year. The service also includes TAC support for issues related to using the portal and collections. If you would like to learn more about Smart Assist Service, please reach out to your Account Manager. You can also learn more about Smart Assist on Cisco.com at:http://www.cisco.com/go/sntc."