cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNTC v2.6 Collector hanging after updating Collection Profile

Jonathan Van Vuren
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I was following the guide to update the Collection Profile. Clicked save and it threw an error (looked like java script). Canceled out of that error box and clicked save again and the status message showed "Saving". It is hung on that, and we can't log into the collector GUI from another browser or device after 10 minutes.

Should we reboot the collector?

Following this guide pages 22-27:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/inventory_and_reporting/CSPC_Getting_Started_Guide_2-5.pdf

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Lynden!

Yeah,  I had tried several browsers and even downgraded to Firefox 42 because of the message about what browsers were supported.  I even tried it on other machines.  I finally just did a run now and that worked.  My intent was to go back later and create a schedule for a periodic inventory and transport.  But instead I had one of my cohorts try it on his machine and create a schedule and it worked without the java error.  So I tried adjusting the collection profile schedule today and now it works fine and without any java error.  Go figure.

Regards,

Patrick

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jonathan,

I would try rebooting the cspc services. You can SSH into the collector and run:

sudo service cspc restart

and then give it 10-15 mins to start back up.

Thanks,

Lynden

Customer rebooted vm before I got back to him with your response:

After rebooting the collector vm, I received the same error (below) when selecting OK to modify the collection profile.

GDynamicProxyClient: Exception java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.quartz.SchedulerException, while invoking public abstract java.lang.String com.pari.nm.modules.inventory.InventoryIf.addCollectionProfile(com.pari.nm.modules.inventory.CollectionProfile) throws java.lang.Exception

It looks like some kind of Java error. You may want to try IE. Also, was an NTP server configured on the collector, and what is the server time?

Thanks,

Lynden

I'm getting the same error too.  I checked that NTP is working corrrectly.  I've restarted the collector services and have tried to do this with IE 11 but the login page does not come up although you can see a redirect to cspcgxt. 

Did you ever get it to work?

Hi Patrick,

Since the CSPC GUI uses java, it can sometimes have compatibility issues with some systems. I would check using different browsers (firefox, chrome) and then check your java version. If you're seeing the redirect to cspcgxt, but the page isn't loading, then it is almost certainly a display issue.

Thanks,

Lynden

Thanks Lynden!

Yeah,  I had tried several browsers and even downgraded to Firefox 42 because of the message about what browsers were supported.  I even tried it on other machines.  I finally just did a run now and that worked.  My intent was to go back later and create a schedule for a periodic inventory and transport.  But instead I had one of my cohorts try it on his machine and create a schedule and it worked without the java error.  So I tried adjusting the collection profile schedule today and now it works fine and without any java error.  Go figure.

Regards,

Patrick