Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trial license cannot be applied as there is no connectivity to Cisco Backend

Afternoon,

Just trying to register for the collector trial version but receiving error "Trial license cannot be applied as there is no connectivity to Cisco Backend".

I'm using Common Service platform collector 2.8

can someone please help?

================================================================================================

Update

we have configured DNS and proxy details which was successful the first time but had to re-install CSPC OVA again because the connection was not routing through the proxy settings that we set and could not go back to the Install screen to amend the settings and test to see why it’s not routing through the proxy.

When trying to configure the DNS and proxy  for the second time it was failed (maybe the Config already registered with Cisco Collector database.…not sure) but when I saved the settings with failed configuration. It accepted the setting anyway and the connection seems to be going out even though it failed verification but just that it’s still not routing through the proxy.

So now there are 2 issues:

1. CSPC not verifying the DNS and proxy settings
  2. CSPC is trying to connect to Cisco collector directly without going through the proxy settings.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Please be so kind and try one more time now.. You should be able to do it now. If not let me know

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Perhaps there is not a problem with the connectivity itself.  but there is a problem with the trial certificate creation..

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvs70380 

Is there a reason you not using an actual valid SNTC certificate for this account ?

Hi @adias 

Thought just trying a trial before the real thing but anyways, just tried to generate the file and getting this error message "Entitlement file generation failed. Please try again. If the issue persists, find help in the community."

Hi @adias ,

Any updates on this issue?

Can you generate the certificate and send to my CCID perhaps?

Unfortunately there is not work around for the trial license at this time.  you can follow resolution by following the bug at

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvs70380

My suggestion is to go ahead and follow the self onboarding process and get a full license since there is no cost involved in this process

Hi @adias,

I'm not trying to using trial version anymore. 

I'm trying to generate the full license but getting error " entitlement file generation failed. Please try again, if the issue persists, find help in the community" (see attached)

Can you possible try to generate the full license and send it to me? 

every time I tried it failed, no matter what browser I used. 

Let me give look and get back to you in  a bit

Hello Please be so kind and try one more time now.. You should be able to do it now. If not let me know

thanks @adias 

got the certificate now

Good thank you for your patience and glad it worked now

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: