cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Blade Serial numbers not showing up on SNTC portal

kirkulees007
Level 1
Level 1

The serial numbers for UCS blades are not showing up in the smart net total care portal. Screen shot attached -

9 Replies 9

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you using a CSPC collector? If so, what is the version?

Thanks,

Lynden

Hello,

We are running CSPC Base Collector Version 2.6 and rules package 3.24.

Thanks!

If you check Administration>Server Patches in the collector, are you on 2.6.1 or 2.6.2? I know that there is a UCS bug on the collector for 2.6.1

From the CLI (I don't have Server Patches as an option under Administration):

admin# show version
        Build-name   : SNTC CSPC 2.6.1
        Version      : sp-2.0.5-0-0-lnx64n

I noticed there is an upgrade option in the CLI, I enabled the server-connection and entered my CCO credentials and then entered upgrade. I chickened out of the upgrade and figured I would ask here 1st, output of the upgrade command below.

Is this the best way to do an upgrade? Does it download all the listed patches and update them all, or do you select one? If so, which one should I select?

Thanks!

admin# upgrade
Version Description
-------------------------------------------------------
jeos-20.0.0-0-lnx64 JeOS package with AdminShell, TGW and CentOS Hardened fixes
jeos-20.0.1-1-lnx64 JeOS package with AdminShell, TGW and CentOS Hardened fixes
sp-2.0.5-0-0-lnx64 Upgrade patch to upgrade to CSPC 2.6.1 from CSPC 2.4.x and above
Download and apply of a package can take a while.
It is recommended to schedule the upgrade.
Do you want to continue [y|n] ?n
... Up

You're already on 2.6.1, and 2.6.2, which I believe contains the fix for your issue, hasn't been posted yet.

You can check for new updates using "check update" which will show you the version to will update to. You'll want the one with the description that says it will upgrade to 2.6.2.

Thanks,

Lynden

Hi Lynden,

Do you have any idea on when this update is supposed to release?

Thanks,

Hi Lynden,

Just checking back on this. I'm still not seeing the 2.6.2 release in the collector when running the check update command. Is there a timeline for this release yet?

Thanks,

Kirk

Hi Kirk,

I don't have a timeline yet for when it will be available on LCM for download. If you can open a case, you can have TAC apply it for you.

Thanks,

Lynden

Hi Lynden,

How do you open a case with TAC on this? We don't have a support contract for it that I am aware of.

I checked the SNTC portal this morning and noticed that the serial numbers are showing up now. I haven't done anything on the collector, so there must have been a portal update that resolved the issue. I have no idea when exactly it started working...

Thanks,

Kirk