cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Fabric Interconnect 6248 is sending old data to CSPC

slackhouse
Level 1
Level 1

I decommissioned 24 B200 M2 blades.  In their place I installed 24 B200 M4 blades.  This was completed on Tuesday.  On Wednesday, we added the Fabric Interconnects IP address to CSPC and did a collection.  This was newly added and did not previously exist in CSPC.  The collection ran successfully and added the old blades instead of the new blades.

How exactly does the CSPC pull data from FIs when they are added via IP address?  Is old inventory data cached somewhere on the FIs?

4 Replies 4

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Would you be able to show us some screenshots of the issue you're seeing?  You can view the raw collected data on the CSPC by going to Reports -> Collection Profile Run Summary and viewing the FI device to see what it may be sending.

Are you seeing the old data on the CSPC or the SNTC Portal?  It's possible that a new Upload has not been completed yet to the SNTC to show the updated device information.

Thank you,

Jarrett

I'm seeing old data in the SNTC.  This is on a brand new collection that was never done on the CSPC before.  Just to check, we purged all data from the CSPC and saw that it was removed from the SNTC.  We then re-added the IP address of the UCS Fabric Interconnect.  Once again, it pulled Serial Numbers, Product IDs, and such of 24 old blades that have not been in the environment in several weeks.  In some cases these are showing as N20-B6625-1 and some are showing as UCSB-B200-M3.  Many of these should be showing the UCSB-B200-M4 that have been installed for a few weeks.

Hi Jeremy,

In looking at the portal, it looks like the most recently pushed upload (05/07/2016) is still processing, so the data that is reflected in the portal is from 05/06/2016. This could explain why you are still seeing old data.

That being said, 4 days is longer than expected for processing, but could be because your upload was pushed during the scheduled down time this past weekend.

If you are still not seeing the expected data in 24 hours, please re-post and I will investigate further with the back-end team.

Thanks, Nathalie

Nathalie,

I am still seeing the incorrect data in the SNTC.

Thank you,

Jeremy