cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Serial Number Collection

tdhb..hiq
Level 1
Level 1

I am having trouble collecting the serial numbers of UCS stand alone servers.

It collects the version and model, via the CIMC using SNMP. But the serial number is blank.

I have tried to add the command "show chassis" dataset of the collection profile.

Also added the ssh credentials for those specific IPs.

But I cannot see the CSCP trying ssh to the CIMC.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you checking in the SNTC portal for the SN or for CSPC?  You should check in the SNTC Portal.  CSPC won't have the logic for displaying SN from all product types.

View solution in original post

Just for the thread.

The issue was that global filter of the portal was not including the new inventory created by the new collector.

The serial numbers do not show on the collector but they do on the portal.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you checking in the SNTC portal for the SN or for CSPC?  You should check in the SNTC Portal.  CSPC won't have the logic for displaying SN from all product types.

So far the devices have not shown up in the portal at all. I have searched for the IP addresses.

Now I am fighting the "Based on your Data Filter selection, you do not have access to this report." problem to have a good look.

I have manged to get the devices to show up in the portal now, but still no serial number. I can see the CSPC is now logging into the CIMC via SSH, but still not able to locate the serial number.

This software has the potential to really streamline my day to day management of Cisco devices, it is a pity that it is so flaky. 

Hello,

I see you have two CSPCs uploading to the portal, can you please verify in a private message which inventory is in questions here and a few examples of the missing s/n and IPs?

Thank you

Just for the thread.

The issue was that global filter of the portal was not including the new inventory created by the new collector.

The serial numbers do not show on the collector but they do on the portal.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: