Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to access adminshell after upgrade to 2.8.1.2

bryan.perina
Level 1
Level 1

Unable to access adminshell after upgrade to 2.8.1.2

After receiving a notification for the security vulnerability in Cisco Bug ID CSCvo38510 I am having an issue after upgrading to 2.8.1.2

I first upgraded to 2.7.4.6 before upgrading to 2.8.1.2

When I try to access the admin shell I receive the following set or errors/notifications below.

*****PID file exists. But Adminshell service is not completely up.*****
*****If adminshell is restarted manually, please wait for 15-20 mins .*****

*****If adminshell is not restarted manually Please check nohup.out log at /opt/cisco/ss/adminshell/logs for any errors .*****
*****Try restarting adminshell once using 'service adminshell restart' command .*****

Restarting the adminshell provides the following output with no success -

[root@cspc collectorlogin]# service adminshell restart
Stopping Adminshell server: [ OK ]
Stopping Derby DB: [ OK ]
Starting Derby DB: [ OK ]
Starting Adminshell server: [ OK ]
[root@cspc collectorlogin]# service adminshell status
Derby DB is up and running [ OK ]
Adminshell service is up and running [ OK ]

What can be done to regain access to the adminshell CLI?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Norman , 

As per our discussion and debugging sessions, after adding a certificate w.r.t customer and restarting adminshell, we were able to access it.

We had  to import the certificate to CSPC also and restarted CSPC application later which Software updates tab also started working. 

So the issue w.r.t this post is addressed. can we close this thread ? 

Thanks & Regards,

Bharath S

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Bharath S
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bryan , 

Please share the below log file to know more on the concern - 

1. /opt/LCM/logs/install

2. /opt/LCM/logs/apply 

3. /opt/cisco/ss/adminshell/logs/nohup.out 

4. /opt/cisco/ss/adminshell/logs/lcmlog.log

Thanks & Regards,

Bharath S

Hi. I'm facing the same issue. Could you please assist me?

Here's the output of my system after upgrading 2.8 to 2.8.1.2. Please find attached the logs.

PS: Besides the adminshell it seems that the GUI section of appliance configuration isn't working (perhaps because it uses the adminshell)

(files sent through private message)

Hi Norman , 

As per our discussion and debugging sessions, after adding a certificate w.r.t customer and restarting adminshell, we were able to access it.

We had  to import the certificate to CSPC also and restarted CSPC application later which Software updates tab also started working. 

So the issue w.r.t this post is addressed. can we close this thread ? 

Thanks & Regards,

Bharath S

I just ended up redeploying a new ova.  I can't determine if this resolution would have worked, but thank you for replying.

Hi, I will soon have to run a new upgrade but i have lost the commands to add the our company's certificate to CSPC. without that, i guess CSPC will break after the upgrade. cloud you please let me know which command is needed? @Bharath S 

What is the process we need to follow to arrive at the solution?
The reply from Bharath S is marked as an accepted solution, but there are no steps for others to follow.

Its mentioned that adding a certificate was part of it, however it is unclear which certificate was involved and how it was added.

Can you provide the steps required to implement this solution?

Do you have access to the user collectorlogin and root ? if so open a separate post as steps may differ for each case

tbanasik
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any guideline on how to resolve the issue?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: