cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to add users to Portal (already associated?)

pcampbell3
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently attempting to get added to my customer's Smart Services Portal.   My CCO ID is already associated to my company for the purpose of my own management (I'm a DA for my corporation).  However, I'm trying to get added as a user via the appropriate methodology posted in this site.  I'm already following the customer2-adding-users-v5.pdf.  The issue is that it states "user is already associated", I'm assuming because my CCO is on my company.

The question I have is... how can I maintain my existing association to my company while also being given user access to my customer's Smart Services Portal?

6 Replies 6

pcampbell3
Level 1
Level 1

I just followed this guideline:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12559621/customer-da-registering-cbr-user-or-cbr-admin

And I still can't view anything.  Assistance is appreciated.

Hi Paul,

I will be reaching out to you via email with additional information. Rest assured, I will work with you to get your access issue resolved.

Thanks,

Aravind

tnewell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are likely either a customer administrator or a customer user for your company.  For your customer you cannot be a customer admin or customer user, you must be a CBR (Cisco Branded Reseller) admin or user. Also, you customer's DA must add you to the customer portal as a CBR admin or user.  You can't add yourself to your customer's portal. 

Tnewell, thanks for the reply.  However, I did update this thread 23 mins ago stating I've done the CBR Admin access and still can't see anything.. I've gotten the email stating I've been added but it doesn't do anything.  I can't see anything when I log into my smart services.  I click the pencil in the top left and don't have the option to see my customer's data.

pcampbell3,

Your customer Delegated Administrator needs to grant you access through CSAM. As you are an external user, they should not Associate you to their company. They should go directly to the User Role Assignment section, and select Assign Role to User. From there, they should scroll to the bottom of the page, to the Assign a User External to My Company section. They will need both your CCO ID and the primary email address associated with that ID. Once this is complete. allow up to 24 hours for your access to propagate to the portal.

Thanks,

Nathalie

npicard, thanks for the reply.  But as I stated in the post you replied to... and the reply from 2 hours ago.  I've already done the CBR component.  I haven't waited 24 hours yet, but this is 2016 on a "next generation support model"  I am amazed it would take 24 hours, but then again, it took almost a week for my customer's account to get created through the 'self-service'

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: